Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much do you eat 17 weeks post surgery?

I'm 17 weeks post surgery and I've a simple question....How much can you eat 3 or 4 months post surgery?

I feel no restiction at all or sometimes little restiction :(

No weight loss

My appetite increases

2 days ago i had dinner with friends and I was able to eat a whole meduim pizza

I lost hope......Does anyone feel the same?

Sarah

i have not been sleeved yet so i can't say i know how you feel physically with your sleeve, however i think this is when our good food choices come in. you may have felt like you could eat the whole pizza and you felt just fine but i know that you know that we should not eat a whole pizza. even if your full feeling did not kick in your common sense should kicked and know not to eat a whole pizza now that you have been sleeved. now don't get me wrong i know oh so well that it is easier said then done but you have the tool to help you make it less of a decision. your stomach is much smaller than it use to be so just the thought of that should deter you from eating large amounts of food. i guess this is what they mean when they say you have to learn to use your tool. you can do this you made the biggest move by having your surgery now you have to work your tool for the best results. keep you head up and focus on what made you make this move in the first place.

thickinphilly

Hello Sarah,

I do not have the Plication surgery, and have a sleeve - however I find it very interesting you are able to eat an entire pizza... have you asked your surgeon about this? Were you able to eat it all at once or did you sparse it out? I personally would not have been able to eat an entire pizza like that even pre-surgery or pre-band. That's a lot of pizza.

Also, surely you will NOT lose weight eating pizza like that anyhow. I would suggest getting some help to solve some other issues going on. No one surgery will ever cure what you're eating, only how much. Even then, there will be some things you can eat a lot of. Usually things like candy, popcorn, chips... you will be able to eat quite a bit of this. Only your brain is going to stop you from eating that.

Hugs, trust me in a way I know what you're going through. Talk to your surgeon ASAP. Please check in and let us know you're doing. You have to be honest with him and yourself, or nothing is going to be fixed.

I'm 17 weeks post surgery and I've a simple question....How much can you eat 3 or 4 months post surgery?

I feel no restiction at all or sometimes little restiction :(

No weight loss

My appetite increases

2 days ago i had dinner with friends and I was able to eat a whole meduim pizza

I lost hope......Does anyone feel the same?

Hi Sarah. Have you spoken with your doctor? A medium pizza seems like an awful lot to put in that size stomach. I know I can put a lot more high calorie foods in my stomach than regular food, but I couldn't do a whole pizza.

Hi Sarah,

Its your email friend, Lisa, I was thinking maybe the stitches didnt hold or something like that cause that is not normal to be able to eat like that, After spending all that money for surgery I would be on that phone demanding they re do it or something!

Maybe you can go to your doctor and they can xray your tummy and see what it looks like.

Let me know

Hugs,Lisa

^

Hi everyone

I saw my surgeon last week and he added to my confusion.He said that it's normal to eat that amount when you eat out and chat with your friends.He advised me to calculate my calories and exercise.....but ......How come when I feel hungry all the time?:( .....How can I avoid eating more when I don't have enough restriction...Why did I have that surgery then?

He told me that if I'm eating half the amount of what I used to eat before surgery then the stitches are still doing their job.......

I really felt that he failed to adjust the size of the bougie or he didn't make the stitches tight enough....

It's a new procedure and I was his second patient to have vertical plication ....

I need your feedback

My chin is on my chest, I am literally gawking. How your doctor can say that it is normal to be able to eat a half a medium pizza basically because you were distracted.....UHHH I don't think so. I don't have plication I just have the sleeve but I can barely get two slices of very small non thick crust pizza down. If it is a large slice of pizza I can get most of it down if it isn't too thick crusted and I feel like I eat more then a lot of sleevers. If I tried to get more then two small pieces down I would immediately feel that up in my neck. I went to Chili's yesterday and ate 4 bites of salad and about 6 tortilla chips and by the time my enchilada Soup came I ate about 6 small bites of it and had to take the rest home because I felt like it was up in my chest (proof I ate too much of it). It really sounds like your plication restriction is not very good. You already know you are hungry and are making some bad choices but you shouldn't be able to overeat with that much quantity, it would be more likely with grazing and eating calories constantly. I think if you continue to feel like that you should see about getting a barium test or something to see how big your sleeve is and how much it can hold. Keep us posted.

Hi Sarah I love pizza but the most I have remember eating is about 5 pieces or about half of a medium pizza. I wonder if your pizzas are small er there? Still if you look all thru out the forum it seems like most patients can eat about 1 cup or less. I have not had surgery but soon hope to have it. The other day I disnt

Sorry typing from a phone..I was starving and had to wait until 3 pm to eat or drink. I was amazed that I could comfortably consume 2 large crepes and half of a loaded veggie omelet with cheese. It is amazing how much the stomach can fit! I would be very disappointed too if I was you. From what other people talk about-you should have some stretching but pain or vomiting if you over eat. I wonder if it can be redone? I guess the option is to maybe ask about getting a barium test if you haven't had one to really see your stomach capacity. I am sorry about your situation. :(

IMO, you should not be able to eat that much at all. I think you need to seek a second opinion and get a barium to see the size of your stomach. Sooner rather than later too.

Believe I, I KNOW what it's like to have WLS and it not to work like advertised.

Hugs to you!!!