Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This time last year I was still groggy from my surgery (best sleep I've ever had, haha), and now I'm posting a quick update:

I have lost a total of 112 pounds (my ticker says 114), have about 55 more to go, and have been struggling the past few months with going up a few pounds and down a few pounds with no significant loss. This is somewhat frustrating, but my measurements are shrinking and I really have hit the gym hard since the end of May and my mom, who lives in another state, thought I had lost more when I went home last week, but I guess I'm just toning up.

I work out 1-2 hours a day 6 times a week (never on Sundays), and I love it. I absolutely love the gym. I'm on summer break now and am dreading missing my morning gym classes when school starts again.

I will be completely honest and say that I'm 100% sure my "stall" has been from the stuff I've been putting in my mouth. Too many carbs, not enough Protein, but as of Monday I'm back on track with Protein and I've already seen the scale start moving back down.

I'm really tall (6'2") and I say I'd like to get to 175, but I really just want to get to 200 and see what I look like. That was my dr's recommendation also.

Also, my thyroid is not functioning properly as of May, so I'm on meds for that now, but no other prescriptions are in my medicine cabinet!

I "celebrated" today by taking my wedding rings in to have them sized down. YAY!

I don't really have any new pictures, but I will post one that made me look twice when I saw it because I didn't think it was me...go to my photo albums and it will be the one with me in a turquoise shirt and white shorts. In a size 16 now (started in a 26/28)

Edited by ash

You have to be so proud. You look great. Sounds like you are on track and know what to do to get that last little bit off. Congratulations!

Congratulations! The best is yet to come! You will keep losing and get to exactly where you want to be.

I am past a year and was surprised on the scale today that I lost another lb. I honestly everything and anything I want.

I just checked your pics - amazing progress!!! Keep up the great work and enjoy celebrating your success!

I just want to say that I don't think you need to justify why you are stalled and not losing more. It is good that you evaluate and continue to improve your habits, but you are doing great. I was told today that on average a sleeve patient loses 65% their excess weight in the first year. Based on your ticker I did a quick calculation and for you that would be 107 lbs... so you have beat that!! You are above average. The good thing is that so far, sleevers have better results at 2 &3 years out that lap banders do so just keep plugging and you will get there :confused1: You've made so many positive changes. Just think what working out 6 days a week is doing for your health!!! WHooo hooo!!!!

You look fantastic! Getting refocused will get you to goal. Can't wait to see the next pics.

Hi Amanda, you look great! I remember you having your surgery just after me last year and I have been having the same kind of stall as you for a while now, but that's more to do with what I am eating as well. I lost most of mine with my band and then the sleeve has knocked a bit more off and now I'm maintaining. I am trying to be more careful of what I put in my mouth though and trying not to stress to much about getting to goal. It will happen providing we eat healthily and exercise (which you are doing loads of). I'm just getting into it now but exercise doesn't come easily to me!!!

Hi Amanda, you look great! I remember you having your surgery just after me last year and I have been having the same kind of stall as you for a while now, but that's more to do with what I am eating as well. I lost most of mine with my band and then the sleeve has knocked a bit more off and now I'm maintaining. I am trying to be more careful of what I put in my mouth though and trying not to stress to much about getting to goal. It will happen providing we eat healthily and exercise (which you are doing loads of). I'm just getting into it now but exercise doesn't come easily to me!!!
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! It can be frustrating hearing about people getting to goal. I don't know if I'll ever hit that goal on the BMI chart, but I'm going to do my best to get down at least 40 more pounds before I start trying to get pregnant. Then I can dread becoming fat again! HA!

I just hate cooking so much. I never have enough Protein around to go to when I need it.

As far as exercise goes, I love it, and I never thought I'd say that. I have finally realized that finding something you love is the key for me. I will not work out alone, and I have no motivation on machines. Jogging kills my knees and it's way boring for me, so those group fitness and spin classes are my thing. I get up every morning and go to the 9 a.m. classes and three times a week I go back for an afternoon class. Once I start back to school I will really miss my morning workouts!!

Best of luck to you. We can do this!

Thanks everyone else for your kind words and encouragement!

I think you've done fabulously and you look great too!

But the important part is that you're doing healthy things like all that exercise...I WISH I could find some motivation and excitement for exercise. Hasn't happened yet!

Pay close attention to those inches because you're probably gaining a lot of muscle with all that exercise and muscle weighs more than fat!

I think you WILL make it to your goal...and getting refocused on your Protein is a step in the right direction!

Congrats on your success so far and I wish you continued success for the future!

You are doing an amazing job. You had your surgery just before I did, I remeber reading your post last year. Isn't it amazing that it's been a year? Congratulations on your sucesss!!!