Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday made 2 months since I had my surgery. As of this morning I'm down 34 lbs since surgery and 58 lbs since I started this journey back in the middle of March. I lost 20 lbs the first month and 14 the 2nd month. I was really hoping for 20 the 2nd month also but it just wasn't to be! At 1 month out I took measurements and I had lost 24.5 inches at that point. At 2 months out I've lost an additional 6.25 inches for a grand total of 30.75 inches.

I love my sleeve and have had NO regrets whatsoever. There's definitely a learning curve and one thing I have to learn is to slow down when eating and learn where the overfull line is so I'll quit crossing it. Being overfull now is a different feeling than before. It can be quite uncomfortable for a bit.

I've not ever had a single problem with nausea and I've never vomited. My stomach is pretty tough that way. I have to say it's been pretty easy so far.

My husband and I just got back yesterday from an anniversary trip to Niagara Falls. I was worried about it a bit knowing I'd have to try to get all my Protein from food alone as I didn't bring any Protein drinks with me and there was no smoothie king there. I did fine. I made good choices and it wasn't hard at all. I didn't keep track though. I know I didn't get in enough fluids. Eating out for every meal for the last 4-5 days really hit home though just how little I could eat. I wasted a LOT of food.

Foodwise I haven't cheated but I have had cocktails on occasion. I don't stress about it. I had this surgery to change my life and force a lifestyle change..I accept that and EMBRACE that but I plan to still enjoy the things I like and that means having a drink at dinner on occasion or when I'm vacationing at the beach with friends. Hey...I'm a coonass from South Louisiana....we drink. It's just part of who we are! lol

A few observations I've made about how I've changed for the better so far.

1. When at the beach a few weekends ago, I could walk from the end of the walkway through the sand to the beach without having to stop and take a breather.

2. Hubby and I this past weekend in Niagara Falls walked a LOT...uphill and downhill...up and down steps and I handled it fine. If we had done that a year ago I would have had to stop and take breaks, my back would have been killing me and I would have hated it.

3. Sex is much more enjoyable now. I have way more energy, stamina, and uhh..mobility. We can do so much more than we could before and just feeling better about myself allows me to enjoy it more. We just "fit" better now! LOL

4. I've started trying on clothes in my closet that hasn't fit in a good long while and today I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to fit into in over 2 years. SCORE!

5. I was comfortable in the airplane seats and the seatbelt fit with room to spare!

Things to work on and general observations.

1. Exercise. I'm barely doing any exercise but as I start to gain energy and feel better I'm finding a little more motivation to do some. Baby steps.

2. That time of the month. So I've noticed that my body seems to do better at losing weight the first two weeks of my cycle. From the time I ovulate until I'm finished my period, I pretty much stall out. Then I'll have a fairly big drop and then steady loss for the next two weeks....Weird huh?

3. I need to work on my Vitamins. All my Vitamin levels were good for my last bloodwork but I'm not so good at taking them consistently. I couldn't take those chewables anymore and my surgeon said I could start taking the regular Vitamins as long as I could swallow them. Well hell yeah I can swallow them. I just forget to....sigh. It's on my needs improvement list.

Well that's all I can think of right now. I was going to post a before pic and a now pic but we've misplaced the before pics. Don't ask...way too many cameras and computers. We'll find them eventually I suppose.

Oh and I'm finally down to under 100 lbs to go...heehee.

Thanks to all of you here for your support and friendship. I would be so lost without all of you guys!

I didn't include these things in this post as I think I did in my 1 month post but it bears repeating. In just two short months my blood pressure is completely perfect. My cholesterol is NORMAL and my sleep apnea is GONE. My feet and ankles no longer swell.

Those things are MORE important to me than my physical appearance. Before this I was really getting scared that I was slowly dying and wouldn't be around to see my children marry and have kids of their own.

I truly feel like I've been given a new lease on life!

What a wonderful first 2 months! Congratulations! My experience has been very similar...walking more easily...breathing easily...no more problems with sleep apnea...normal blood pressure. I may not have lot 100% of my excess weight yet--but I've had 100% improvement from obesity related problems!

Thank you so much for posting this! It is really encouraging to see so many people rocking their sleeve and making a huge change for their health!!.. I am on my way to our final weigh-in before insurance approval. I did my round of blood work today and have a 1-1 with my PCP next week. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. This forum is a wonderful resource and I am so glad I found you guys.

You're doing great Goodlife, Happy Anniversary and glad you had a good time. Your post is inspiring o all of us!

Goodlife, I'm really happy for you. It's great that you have lost weight, and noticed big health issues changing for the better. Thanks for the update, it sure helps to keep me going.

Hugs,

Maddie

Woot woot!!!! Good for you in having the mentality of enjoying the things you love in small doses and realizing it isn't a "cheat." How exciting to be trying on new clothes, you are rocking this lady!!!!

Great post Good Life. We are sort of on the same track. My two-month anniversary was yesterday and I am down about 65 pounds now as well. Clothes are fitting WAY better and it's been fun NOT to feel hesitant to walk into my closet. I have lost about 4 sizes.

Congrats to you and your accomplishments. Hope you enjoyed Niagara Falls, too .. it's pretty there, isn't it? Take care.

What a lovely post....you're doing a great job and are reaping the benefits from being sleeved. Keep up the great work and you'll be reporting more losses soon I expect.

Kathy

Truly fabulous post. So glad to hear you are doing well. And really glad to hear that I am not the only one considering an occasional cocktail! I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks and meeting up with my two best friends in Florida. I have been eyeing the Crystal light mixes to take along as an option for a mixer (very dilluted-found a Cosmopolitan flavor!!!) before anyone gets on their high horse, I am not planning to drink away the days, just have an option should I chose to have a drink.

Cheers! Here's wishing you continued success!

Thats amazing ...good for you and your success! I am a little behind you...about 6 weeks out now and it just reassures me things will keep getting easier. QUESTION...how were you after having a cocktail? I am going away in one month and would love to drink a glass of wine or mixed drink...Did you ever feel sick? Full? fine? I just dont want to go on vaca and make a wrong choice. But I would love at least one or two cocktails during my 9 day vacation. Any input would be great! THANKS:)

I am SO happy for you, seriously just beyond thrilled. I LOVE the list you made - both the improvements and the "needs improvement"... I think I will do the same kinds of list when I hit 2 months in another couple of weeks. You are inspiring. I smiled ear to ear as I was reading your post. HUGS!!

Just wanted to give you a big "atta girl". That's so amazing to make so much change in just 2 months isn't it? I can't believe have far I've come in the short time since my sleeve either. I can totally relate to feeling like you have a new lease on life! :lol0:

You are doing great!