Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits June Gab Fest

Ok, I can no longer find our thread so I'm starting a new one. ;)

How's our gang doing? Things are moving slowly here, but that's ok. It's been TOM so I was expecting that this week. I did get my second fill scheduled. It's June 19th. The first fill has been pretty good, some days I really don't care if I eat but then I have days where it's "Where's the fridge?":hungry:

I have my 20th year high school reunion in a week. :faint:

I'm looking forward to seeing people, and even though I'm not as small as I was 10 years ago, I'm smaller than I was 2 months ago. All I have to do now is finding something "dressy casual" for our big dinner. I have no idea what that means, but I'm sure I'll find something. I need something new but I also don't want to spend a lot of money on it because I don't plan on wearing it often. I want this to be a one time outfit.

So that's about all that's happening here. How about the rest of you?

Audra

I just had my first fill yesterday... I am all gurgly with my Protein drink this morning, and it is pretty funny to hear it gurgle down. People at work are getting a kick out of it.

I am crossing my fingers that this fill helps get the weight loss started, I have not lost anything except the pre-op weight. It is pretty depressing.

Have fun at your reunion. Go for something special to wear. I understand that you wouldn't want to spend alot on the outfit because it won't fit you for long, but you only have a 20th reunion once.

I met with my nutritionist for the first time since surgery and she is pleased with my progress. I get my first fill on Tuesday, June 6th and am looking forward to it. I'm glad the summer weather is here (except for the bugs - ick) so I can do the outside yard work. I used to hate doing the outside work, but now I love it, planting flowers and a garden, mowing, etc. I would rather do that than clean the house. It's so much easier to eat good food in the summertime with all the fresh and local fruits and vegetables. When it's hot, I don't like to eat larger, heavier meals, something light and easy. I'm hoping that I will lose lots of weight these next few months. I am planning to go to Las Vegas in the fall and I want to fit in the airline seat comfortably for once without having to put the armrest up and not to have to ask for a seat belt extender - this is my goal for now.

Have fun at your reunion. I wouldn't go to one of mine if you paid me. I don't have any fond memories of high school, I always felt like an outsider. I hope all of our April group is well and progressing downward nicely.

Hey gang!

My reunion is one week away so today I went shopping for "dressy casual". I came home with FOUR outfits and THREE pairs of shoes. I haven't a clue as to which outfit to wear for the big party on Saturday.

I need some help in deciding what to wear but can't post pics until tomorrow. (I hope) There's no one here to take the pics once I get dressed, but my nephew is flying in tomorrow and I get to pick him up at the airport. YEA! He doesn't know it yet, but he's going to take the pics.

I actually had fun trying on clothes this time. I tried on sizes I haven't even thought about in a while. And the best part of the whole process is that everything was on SALE! Now I just have to decide what to wear and then return the rest.

Audra

Speaking of clothes, I'm looking forward to cleaning out my closet on the way down. I must have everything from sizes 26 to 12 stuffed in there! Hoping not to buy anything new until I arrive at my goal.

Hi April Bandits!

I was banded 4-18-06 and got the VG with a 4cc fill at surgery. I haven't had a post-op fill yet but I NEED ONE!! I can tell my tummy is healed because I am hungry all the time and I can eat way more than I could earlier. I hope I'm not wasting time by not already having a fill. I am hoping to get the most out of this summer. I'm not super-impressed with the weight loss so far but I think my perception of success need altered. I have to remember that slower is better but I want to get this ball rolling!! :girl_hug:

I feel good so far and haven't PB'ed or Slimed yet although my doctor said it will happen to everyone at least once. Well, good luck with class reunions and I hope everyone is doing good too. I like having our own "Bandit Class of '06" to keep in touch with!

Hey Picardy it is nice to see you around here...............our first official bandster!!!!

I am fine everyone this end, had my first fill, feeling ok, but have to be careful what I eat, 'cos a lot of things are hurting to go down. I am back flying now, just done my second trip.........bellies bloat a bit in the air and I am having to be careful about putting things into my mouth without thinking........and ended up in the toilet a couple of times not feeling good.

Have put away the scales for now, as I was over-obsessing with the numbers, but need new trousers for work now and just fitted into my denim skirt again, very exciting, wish I was eating a bit better now!

Lots of hugs to everyone

Fi XX aka amourette

Hello everyone

I had my 1st fill on May 3rd it was 1.6cc I started with 4cc in my VG band so I'm at 5.6cc.. well I need a fill again.. I'll be going in 2 weeks.. I notice I can eat way more and things are going down too easy. I hope I get a good fill that will work for more than 1 month.. have any of you reached "your sweet spot?" I have yet to experience that. When I first got my fill it was about 1 week before my TMO but I have PCOS so it is a never ending cycle..lol I'm not sure if you lose restriction while your on it or if you should get tighter? I haven't gained any weight since surgery but I'm still down only 24 lbs.. anyway good luck to you all

Wendy

Well my fellow bandits I was banded on April 21 I went today and had my first fill (1.5cc) and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be at all. It was actually pretty painless. So I am back on liquids for 24 hours and then back to mushies and regular food. I'm excited I lost another 6lbs since eating regular food before fill. So that is 35lbs all together in less than 2 months. LETS GO APRIL BANDITS!!!!!!!!!

Hey Audra.....what happened to just buying that one outfit that you weren't gonna where but once???? LOL And three pair of shoes??? Girl WE need to go shopping together!!!!!! I do LOVE me some shoes!!!!

Well, I hadn't had that much fun shopping in such a long time that I couldn't help myself. ;) But I have my receipts for EVERYTHING and whatever I don't wear I'm taking back to the stores because I'm gonna need new clothes in a month or two anyway. :biggrin1:

I'm taking everything to my parent's house this weekend and I'm gonna let mom help me make a decision about what actually looks best.

Oh, and the shoes!!!! My all time favorite shoe store is DSW. I used to be safe because the closest stores were 1/2 hour to 1 hour away from me. Well, they opened one up in MY town a few months ago. I have to be sooooooo careful because I can hear the shoes calling my name. They love to see me come in there.

I also had my first fill today! Good thing I didn't worry myself in advance, because there was almost nothing to it. Took a few seconds and hurt not at all. I'm hoping that I will experience this mysterious "restriction."

Hi all. I'm back from my trip to Maine and am down another 3 lbs. I am due to get my first fill on Thursday but am having second thoughts. We are leaving Monday to visit some friends in Wisconsin. I don't want to be miserable my whole visit with the food issue as to what I can eat. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Congratulations to all you big losers (35 lbs) and LapBandit, 56 lbs loss is unbelievable. I can't believe that you are not happy with your loss. I wish it were me!!! To the rest of us slower losers, keep up the good work!!!!!!

Roberta

Hello my fellow April Bandits,

I was banded on April 4, 2006, and I had my 1st fill on May 18th of 1cc and my 2nd fill of .3cc on June 1, 2006. Restriction is pretty good as I don't want to look at or smell food until 12:00 noon or so. It's amazing as my whole perception of food has changed and I am loving every minute of it. I wish you all much success and lets stay in touch!!