Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you handle your sleeve and dating. Do you tell them that you had surgery? If so, how long do you wait? If not, do you just keep it private?

Are you ever asked about your food choices/portions now that your stomach holds a lot less food and you cannot drink liquids?

I am sure many guys would just think that I am being a girl and like many girls just watching calories but I am sure along the way I will come across some curious guys who will ask. How do you handle that? Just be honest?

Gotta tell ya... I'm a "straight up kinda gal"... and I make it known from the beginning....I just actually started really "dating" the last 4 months or so....but am very surprised at how supportive the ones I have told are. Or, have told me they had another g/f that had it done... etc.

The last guy I was dating had a motorcycle... and I was more embarresed about my knee surgery ( had a total knee replacement ) 'cause I had a hard time getting on his bike. But he was really sweet about all of it!!

I waited to tell guys until I decided if I was going to need to tell them. It was a problem eating around them but I managed to stay under cover until I decided I would be eating around them a lot more often.

For me it's on a need to know basis. Most people don't know I had surgery. I recently told the guy I am seeing now cause we've been dating a couple of months now. He's been great about it. He said there are so many people having WLS these days, that it is not a big deal.I was kind of embarrassed when he saw some old pictures of me at my daughter's house.

I just recently started dating after my surgery and meeting guys for lunch or drinks has been difficult considering not into either of those right now. I have been upfront with all of them and they have all been really good about it. If they cant take it than I dont need to be around them. Fortunately havent had to deal with that yet.

for the most part now that I am almost 16 months post op, I know what to order and it looks like a normal portion. Yesterday I ordered quiche and ate all of it. I can eat salad pretty well and normally too.

going out to pizza-bad idea. I can eat one piece of pizza. I got out to pizza with my kids though!

Just choose first-date restaurants that serve tiny portions like a sushi bar or tapas place or haute cuisine that serves thimblefuls of food on vast white plates. Or go for coffee, sipping is what we do.=) After the first date meet&greet, choose an activity for the second date that doesn't depend on food. The American Third Date is where the real information comes out anyway. At that point if you feel comfortable you could propose the activity of cooking together a recipe that you choose and you could use that time to explain it all to him.