Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everything is going great. 9 days post op, my PCP took me off of both of my blood pressure pills. I couldn't believe the change overnight. One day, my bp was great with the meds and the next day my bp was 99/66 after taking my meds. It also appears that my diabetes (diagnosed 12/09) is gone. I am still in the full liquids stage for about another 10 days and that is going well. Nothing has bothered my sleeve so far. I have tried a few different blended Soups and they are really good. I started walking a few days ago and will continue to step up the distance over the next few days to get up to 3 miles a day or so. As always, thanks to everyone here for all I have learned.

Kelly,

Congrats for doing so well just 2 weeks post-op. It should continue to get better and better. I am about 3 weeks ahead of you and I find it easier each day.

good to hear you're doing so well.....you'll love it even more as soon as you start seeing the results. goodluck on your new journey to weight loss!!!:thumbup:

hi everyone :thumbup:. I had the sleeve on april 14th,2010 10 days ago and i only have incision pain from them healing really good. They itch!! . No problems with the sleeve so far. I get the staples out on tuesday,4/27/10. and i can't wait. My moods are funky and I am very confused. I lost 24lbs since surgery and I feel great about that but I am having some bouts of depression.. I am glad I done it but I guess I miss my favorite foods. I am on the soft /pureed diet and I try to measure my food everytime I eat. Really I afraid to eat, but I eat anyway. I want to know what to look for when something goes wrong. (i.e leakage) also my menstration came on again today. It was just on , 4/12/2010. why is that? My body is freaking out... I'm ready for the change but scared at the same time.:crying:

Edited by kymmi12
spelling

hi everyone :thumbup:. I had the sleeve on april 14th,2010 10 days ago and i only have incision pain from them healing really good. They itch!! . No problems with the sleeve so far. I get the staples out on tuesday,4/27/10. and i can't wait. My moods are funky and I am very confused. I lost 24lbs since surgery and I feel great about that but I am having some bouts of depression.. I am glad I done it but I guess I miss my favorite foods. I am on the soft /pureed diet and I try to measure my food everytime I eat. Really I afraid to eat, but I eat anyway. I want to know what to look for when something goes wrong. (i.e leakage) also my menstration came on again today. It was just on , 4/12/2010. why is that? My body is freaking out... I'm ready for the change but scared at the same time.:crying:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be because so much estrogen is stored in fat and it's dumped into the bloodstream when we lose fat?

Absolutely fabulous on all your victories thus far. Hang on because there's more in your future ! ! ! Keep posting on your progress.

hi everyone :sad0:. I had the sleeve on april 14th,2010 10 days ago and i only have incision pain from them healing really good. They itch!! . No problems with the sleeve so far. I get the staples out on tuesday,4/27/10. and i can't wait. My moods are funky and I am very confused. I lost 24lbs since surgery and I feel great about that but I am having some bouts of depression.. I am glad I done it but I guess I miss my favorite foods. I am on the soft /pureed diet and I try to measure my food everytime I eat. Really I afraid to eat, but I eat anyway. I want to know what to look for when something goes wrong. (i.e leakage) also my menstration came on again today. It was just on , 4/12/2010. why is that? My body is freaking out... I'm ready for the change but scared at the same time.:blink:

I think the emotions you are feeling are normal. Feelings may vary however it is a major surgery that has a profound effect on your life. My surgeon told me that fever and infection, inability to keep anything down are common signs of a leak. At this stage I would focus on following the protocol of keeping yourself hydrated well and doing what is possible to consume as much Protein as possible, walk much and rest too...that is the best way to avoid a leak. Little by little your mind will adjust to the changes and feelings may brighten up as you see your body slimming.

Sounds like you're doing well Kymmi.

I read somewhere that the surgery can play havoc with our cycles as well....and as I always feel nauseous during the first day of mine I am hoping beyond hope that it doesn't happen to me!!

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Kathy