Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't posted in awhile so I wanted to let all of you who are newly sleeved and about to get sleeved that I'm thinking of you all and praying for you. I don't feel like I have much to offer on most of the threads since I don''t know what I'm talking about yet, LOL. But, I am on here several times a day reading and learning. Anyway, point is, just wanted to let y'all know that there's someone out there praying for you and learning from you!

Still no word on insurance approval for me :-( It's been a week and a day since it's all been submitted. Just trying to keep the faith and trying not to take it out of God's hands. There's a part of me that wants to say so badly "forget the insurance, just finance it and self pay" but then my spirit says "hold on, let God do His thing with this and it will all work out" so I'm going with the latter :-) But it's soooooooooo hard, lol.

Anyway, y'all keep on truckin'!! I'm so excited for all of you!!! God Bless!

Krystal

Krystal,

I'll agree with u in this prayer. I hope to hear good news for you soon. The waiting game i think everyone goes through it, i have insurance and it still took over one year with all the classes and waiting for surgeon appt then waiting for actual surgery date. I'm finally going to hav my sleeve surgery on April 12th. Be encourage.

Well, I got my answer this afternoon. It's denied. I'm gonna start a new thread for it. I believe in miracles and I know that He can give me favor with an appeal approval or provide the funds for me to pay to have this done. First step is appeal. Keep me in your prayers for this if ya don't mind slebme :-)

Krystal,

Im sorry to hear it was denied but i have heard of appeals being approved. The sleeve is very new and isn't covered by some insurances but I too believe in miracles and I pray that the Lord give you favor.

Well, I got my answer this afternoon. It's denied. I'm gonna start a new thread for it. I believe in miracles and I know that He can give me favor with an appeal approval or provide the funds for me to pay to have this done. First step is appeal. Keep me in your prayers for this if ya don't mind slebme :-)

Sorry to hear about the denial!

Even with my insurance, if I had met all of their "crazy" requirements, it would have cost me the same or more for co-pays, deductibles, etc than I spent going to Mexico for the surgery.

I know Mexico is kinda crazy; if you had asked me a year ago, I would have told you that I would never do such a thing! LOL However, after reading about so many people who have been there, done that, I decided to do it.

It really is a great tool - and so far is incredibly easy. Hopefully it will become more available in the US. Seems it would be more cost efficient for the insurance companies to pay for the surgery than all of the health issues without it! I have had over $46,000 in claims since August 1st, and over half of that, I believe, is directly related to being overweight. I am probably looking at another $10-20k until the issues get resolved thru continued procedures and weight loss, and possibly more.

Good Luck! Positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

If your credit is pretty decent, you could take out a loan from the bank to help. . that is what i did and i got it at 3% . . . not too bad I think. . . i had my surgery here in San Antonio, it was expensive, but wanted to stay here in the US. . . Just my own personal preference of course. . .

I'm so sorry that your insurance denied your request! Now that you know you can move to step 2, right?

Just keep on believing and I'm praying for you.

Becky

Krystal, I was thinking about you today, did you ever get a sleep study? I saw some sample appeal letters on another forum, if you have to be the appealer..or maybe your Dr. has those. Keep the faith, it will work out, praying for you. Carla

Thanks Becky, I really appreciate it!! I am having the at home Co2 test thingy done here soon to see if I have sleep apnea. If I don't, from what I'm understaning, appealing without an official co-morbidity on their list is useless. So, I would be down to self-pay and I truly don't think my husband will go for that. We have alot of things going and are about to try and build an RV park on our land that we have in the northern part of the parish to take advantage of all the oil/gas and pipeline traffic that's in the area so we can't afford to do anything right now. But, who knows, the Lord may provide in an amazing way with that and I could do it later. So, we'll just see what happens with the sleep test and go from there. It will all work out and if it doesn't then I'll know it wasn't in God's plan for me and I'll just have to suck it up and try and lose weight on my own....again, lol. But I know the Lord can help me with that too so my feelings on the whole weight loss subject are alot better now than they were yesterday, for sure. Thanks for the support y'all!!! God bless ya!!

Krystal

Thanks Carla!! We must have been posting at the same time because I didn't see your post when I was replying that last time. Yeah, I'm having that at home Co2 thingy done since it's hard for me to be away at night with a 6 year old and all, lol. My PCP seems to think that if I have sleep apnea that this test will be sufficient enough to be able to see if I should be diagnosed with it and prescribed the machine. So, we shall see :-) Thanks for the prayers, I need 'em!!

Krystal,

I don't think I have ever prayed for someone to HAVE a condition like sleep apnea, but I think that would be a clincher! Here goes.......

Becky

Becky, you are too cute! But, don't pray for me to get sleep apnea, LOL. If I do already have it, it'll be a blessing that it's found cuz then I'll know what to pray for healing of :-) I should be doing the Pulse oxegen test around Monday night. If anything shows up, then I think I'll still have to go for an official sleep study, NOT wanting to do that because I know I'll never fall asleep for them to be able to get any results and I really don't want to have to be driving home at 6 am for 2 hours after not sleeping well. The girl at the doc's office said that this test would be enough for a diagnosis if I have it and he'd be able to prescribe the cpap machine from it but the girl at the place that will be bringing the test out said it would only indicate that I might have sleep apnea and if it did then I'd still have to go for the sleep study so I have no idea who to believe, LOL. But anyway, it'll all work out. Just keep praying that whatever is supposed to happen will and I will accept it either way, even if I do pout about it for awhile if it means not having surgery. I'm sure our Heavenly Father is used to us pouting every now and then and then praising Him after we get over our fleshly desires and quit pouting ;-)