Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Normal 1st fill amount

I had my first fill yesterday what a normal amount for 1st fill?I got 1.6 in a 4 cc band is this good or about normal???

You are right about normal. Most doctors fill about 1 to 1.5 cc usually on your first fill (for a 4cc band). I whined enough to get a bit more and received 2 ccs on my first fill. Of course all of this depends upon your level of restriction. Some people only want just a little bit of saline, like a half of a cc or so, because they already feel a bit of restriction from having the band around their stomach. And then there are people like me who felt nothing from the band! I was wide open until my 2nd fill which I just had on Monday. It seemed to help quite a bit. I am now filled to 2.7cc and it feels much better. You will probably be filled over 2ccs on your next fill. Good luck! :)

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241 highest/237 surgery/204 now/150 goal

5'7''

I was filled yesterday for the first time and the surgeon put in 1 cc so that seems about average.

Hi, I read somewhere here, (I can't find it now) that in a 10cc band the maximum fill should be 4cc. Is that correct, and if not, what is the maximum? I was banded 3/31/06 at 216 and was filled with 1.6cc. Have only lost 13 pounds and I have followed "all the rules" .....so I am alittle discouraged; however, after my fill I was very very tight for the first week , had PB and was miserable. My fill must have loosened up because now I feel great and can only eat about a cup at each meal; but am still such a slow loser. I am blaming it on my age (58) Anyway, what is the maxium fill for a 10cc.

Thanks,

My first fill was 1cc and my 2nd fill is scheduled for tomorrow but I have really good restriction so I may cancel and reschedule my appt. What do you guys think???

dsrjrr--

I have a 4 cc band and my first fill was 2.4cc....he said he's aggressive...he'll make me miserable at first then I'll be happy w/ the weight loss?!?!! He was right....oh did I feel the heartburn, etc....but I keep losing....self-inflicted pb's only :) (one of these days I'll learn to go slow and chew smaller bites) .

Hopes' place:

Do you mean maximum ever....that would be 10 cc I believe....if you mean first fill....it's so individual to the surgeon doing the fills....as you've read we all had different fills...they did the surgery it's their call! I was even told I could hold MORE in my 4cc if necessary?!?! I'm hoping that never arises!!! I have a 2nd fill scheduled for July.....I just felt like I was doing well here....and who knows if I'll cancel that fill if I continue to do well?!

Hope this helps!!

God bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -48lbs ;)

The maximum fill in a 10 cc band is 4 cc's. The surgeon can "over-full" the band but is supposed to notify the band company if this action is taken. If you feel enough restriction at present, it would make sense to hold off on another fill until really needed.

I was banded on March 23rd and had my first fill on May 17th...only.75 cc in a band that holds more than 5 ccs according to my doctor. After surgery I had alot of restriction and then it went away but it was time for my first fill. Since the fill it really hasn't helped but I am scheduled for another fill June 14th.......my doctor starts out slow.....so, I hope this second fill helps alot more.

If you feel restriction and you're losing weight, I would definitely cancel the appointment. You can only have so many fills. I think it would be wise to play out every fill all the way to the end. In other words, work with each fill until you stop losing weight completely before getting another one.

I just had my first fill at 3 months post-op and my fill doctor gave me 1.4cc's in a 4cc band. I think it's probably too much and I worry about the 2 week kick-in I keep reading about. I don't like the idea a being too tight. If you spit up a lot or are having reflux, you're too tight. JMO

I got my first fill yesterday. Doc put 1.7 to start, no barimum going through, so she started removing, very slowly, till we saw barimum go through, which ended up being 1.4 cc's. I have a 9.75 cm inamed band maximum fill volume is 4cc's. Hope this helps :girl_hug:

I had my first fill two days ago: 2.5 cc in an 11 cc band. I have yet to experience restriction, either post-op or post-fill, so I can't say yet whether this will be enough.

Hopes place, Inamed makes 3 sizes of band. There is a 9.75 cm that holds 4 ccs, a 10 cm that also holds 4 ccs, and the 11 cm Vanguard that holds 9ccs. You must have the 10cm which holds 4ccs.