Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Caysen has been bugging me for weeks to go have Mexican food at the local dive mexican food joint here. Well, I decided today to venture out and give it a whirl. . . The most exciting part of the meal was when I went to sit down and I didn't have to move the table closer to him to fit in between the seat and table. I almost moved it habitually, then stopped myself and thought "go ahead, try to fit there, no one is looking, if you have to move it then move it" So, as I glided in slowly I realized not only was i going to actually fit, I had a good 6-8 inches of space between my belly and the table.

We ordered chicken fajitas for one, and brought home enough food for another person to eat a fajita. I had 4-5 little strips of chicken with sour cream and salsa. It was by far the best feeling in the world with the booth situation, but I didn't get sick on any of the food.

YIPPEEEEEEE! ! !

Tiffy, that is wonderful. And the best thing of all, it is going to keep on getting better!

That's great Tiff - had to be a wonderful feeling for sure ... and not getting sick is an added bonus! I was actually able to eat a very small piece of pizza and several bites of a salad last night -- I was thrilled nothing got stuck and it all stayed down.!

That's so great Tiffy. I love Mexican food and I find that chicken goes down easy, especially with guac. and sour cream.

You've lost A LOT of weight, so of course you had no problem fitting at the table!

Woo hoo Yippe for you Tiffy! After all you have been through, things are looking so much better! Congratulations for your determination.

I love Mexican food also, and looking for the day I can eat it. I have something to look forward to because I am craving mexican food. You give us newbies the strength to pull through the liquid diet phase.

Thank you!

Kelly65

That's brilliant Tiffy. It's a bit like avoiding those chairs in the doc's waiting room - the ones that attach themselves to your behind and and refuse to budge when you get up! Or, those chairs that are attached to the table where you just know that everyone is watching to see if you will manage to fit in. Nightmare!!! No longer for you though xxx

That's brilliant Tiffy. It's a bit like avoiding those chairs in the doc's waiting room - the ones that attach themselves to your behind and and refuse to budge when you get up! ...

I know/knew about the chairs in dr's waiting room too. I would try to get to the office close to appointment time and then I would walk around looking at all the paintings, checking magazines...anything to hopefully not have to try to sit in the stupid skiny chairs. Ha, I fit in them fine now. Feels good.

I love Mexican food also, and looking for the day I can eat it. I have something to look forward to because I am craving mexican food. You give us newbies the strength to pull through the liquid diet phase.

Thank you!

Kelly65

I totally agree Kelly65! You and I are in the same boat! Today was a tough day for me and this is such a motivation, to know the things I have to look forward to!