Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two hours from when I have to leave for my Pre-Op appointment.

I am about to have a panic attack too. I should have brought an Ativan with me to work today. I have been switched around to so many different surgeons (that is what happens in the Navy system when deployments are happening) that I have not even met this Dr. that will do my surgery. I will meet him for the first time today. He has great reviews and is well known and published so I don't have anything to worry about.

There has been drama just trying to get a Pre-Op date due to no fault of my own. Too long of a story but it has made me worried about what else could happen. Also I have had to keep weight off for 6 weeks now. If I gained so much as a pound for this pre-op or surgery date I can't have surgery until I "comply". It has been very stressful.

I am also worried about the finality of having part of my stomach cut out. I can never go back like you kind of can with the band. It is forever.

Just wanted to vent and cry. I will post more after my Pre-Op.

Well, by now you should be at your pre-op. Hopefully, once you meet the doctor and his staff, a lot of your nervousness will be alleviated. Let us know how it went.

Yes it is forever, do you want to be like you are right now forever? Thats your option. You are going to be fine. Lighten up on yourself. Our thoughts and support are with you.

Believe me, having a tiny stomach is great. I love never being hungry and I love getting full on a small amount of food. I don't feel deprived at all when I watch other people pig out.

So, how did the pre-op go? Are you feeling better about things now?

Thanks guys. I feel much better now. I just go myself too worked up yesterday.

My pre-op went great. August 26th is my day. I will be in the hospital for 2-3 days (no internet :thumbup:). 2 - 2.5 hours for surgery. No pre-op diet, apparently my liver is on the smaller side anyway. I am also enrolled in some nerve reaction study that monitors nerve function or something after bariactric surgery.

I have to take 2 weeks off from work, no if, ands, or butts about it. For someone who is a workaholic like me that will be tough but at least I can still call in and harras my underlings by phone.

I am going through a lot of emotion still though. Happy, anxious, sad for my tummy, scared, excited........ geesh.

Edit: Forgot to mention my doctor does a 32 French size. He wickdly smiled when I looked shocked at the size. He says the smaller sizes have much better results..........uh ok. lol.

Edited by DownInSocal

That's the size Dr. Aceves uses too. We all seem to have that size because most of us went to him.

I am glad your pre-op went well and you seem to be feeling a bit better about things now. All the emotions you are feeling are quite normal. I felt that way when I was preparing to get the band. However, when I was waiting for my revision, all I felt was excitement at the idea of getting the band out!

That's the size Dr. Aceves uses too. We all seem to have that size because most of us went to him.

Good. I don't want to be different from the group!

He says the smaller sizes have much better results..........uh ok. lol.

They do, too!

32 f is the diameter of the boughie that is used to size the stomach.