Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did not get a fill :-/

Has this ever happened to ant one?

I went for a fill last week... I have not lost any weight in the past two months

So the doctor told me I was not getting a fill until I lost some weight!

He sent me home and told me to only do mushy food for two weeks and that I had to loose 10lbs

@_@

I was like really??

So now I feel like I'm not going to do this

I was like if I have been in the same weight for two months what makes you think I'm going to lose 10 in two weeks! Pls some one tell me that this is normal ... Now a week later I've gain 1lbs from all the stress of having to lose 10lbs in two weeks :-/

Do you really want my honest opinion? I'd be looking for a new doctor.

That is complete and total BS. Go on mushy food for 2 weeks??? Because being Vitamin deficient is a good way to lose weight? ((eye roll))

I'm no doctor nor am I a medical professional, but I'd be finding a new doctor ASAP. Sorry for my bluntness but yours sounds like an ignorant idiot.

Just remember, the band is not going to MAKE you lose weight. It is there to help. I would cut out all bread and walk at least a mile every evening. Are you drinking sugary drinks?

to lose weight, one must burn off more calories than they take/eat in..via drink/food....3500 calories is a pound...are you watching/counting calories? are you eating your allotted amount or more? the band will help you eat less but you must choose to eat food that is good for you......i also happen to agree with missy, dr sounds icky and def agree with finally free on her post also.

hang in there

That does seem a bit strange? My APRN would have done a fill, but based on my consistent weight loss he suggested it wouldn't lead to more weight loss. Now that I've hit a plateau, I am thinking of having a fill next time I visit if I am still in a rut. I notice my appetite is coming back slowly.

Just remember' date=' the band is not going to MAKE you lose weight. It is there to help. I would cut out all bread and walk at least a mile every evening. Are you drinking sugary drinks?[/quote']

I don't eat bread or sugar drinks....

I had been doing so good...

I don't eat more then a cup of food...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong ...

I walk 30min a day on treadmill ...

Missy seriously thinking about that :-/

I would have to agree here, I think a new Doctor would be up my alley. You need those Vitamins from the foods. Hang in there!

To me, your doctor sounds like someone who deep down, hates fat people. I know that sounds weird, but the response feels like "I'm so disgusted with you, so I'm going to punish you".

Just curious.... How many fills have you had, and how much Fluid do you currently have in your band?

To me' date=' your doctor sounds like someone who deep down, hates fat people. I know that sounds weird, but the response feels like "I'm so disgusted with you, so I'm going to punish you".

Just curious.... How many fills have you had, and how much Fluid do you currently have in your band?[/quote']

I've had 7 fills

10cc band

I now have 5.9cc

:-/

I don't eat bread or sugar drinks....

I had been doing so good...

I don't eat more then a cup of food...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong ...

I walk 30min a day on treadmill ...

Missy seriously thinking about that :-/

again, how many calories are you taking in?

if you take in more calories than you burn off, you will not lose and could gain.

that being said, if you are walking daily and eating as you stated, if you are losing inches (clothes sizes smaller) than you are losing no matter what the scale says or does not say. only you know that answer.

I've had 7 fills

10cc band

I now have 5.9cc

Interesting.... 7 fills and only at 5.9cc's? I can only gage this on my own experience; I've had only two fills since surgery, and I'm now at 7 cc's.

I think that you're doctor has issues, and I'm with some of the folks above.... Maybe time to talk with another doctor.

In addition to sticking to one cup of food, and omitting bread and sugary drinks, are you tracking your calories and Protein?

again' date=' how many calories are you taking in?

if you take in more calories than you burn off, you will not lose and could gain.

that being said, if you are walking daily and eating as you stated, if you are losing inches (clothes sizes smaller) than you are losing no matter what the scale says or does not say. only you know that answer.[/quote']

My calorie intake is below 1200 daily ...

And now that you mention inches .. My clothes are fitting me super big I had bought some 16 pants n a dress they fit me good at the store this was last month I was going to wear the dress for church Sunday ... And it was loose

Today my sister brought me some pants size 14 and they fit just right!

Interesting.... 7 fills and only at 5.9cc's? I can only gage this on my own experience; I've had only two fills since surgery' date=' and I'm now at 7 cc's.

I think that you're doctor has issues, and I'm with some of the folks above.... Maybe time to talk with another doctor.

In addition to sticking to one cup of food, and omitting bread and sugary drinks, are you tracking your calories and Protein?[/quote']

Protein not so much but I'm doing less then 1200 a day..