Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mental hunger

I'm having a hard time stopping myself from eating too much and keep getting full. Recognizing the soft stop is hard. I think I need one more fill. I'm hoping this last one stops my mental hunger. I'm terrified of stretching my pouch. How easy is it to stretch your pouch? I wish I knew more about the lapband before I chose it. They just kind of flew me into surgery and now I'm learning as I go. I still love my band though!

Pretty sure head hunger never goes away. I have going that if I cut out junky carbs my cravings do go away but as soon as I eat junk they come back with a vengeance! High Protein really helps keep u satisfied for a long time. :)

Having the same problem, it has been so hard for me. This has been one of the hardest things in my life. I also don't regret it.

@ lose I will, do you feel like your over eating? I do. I keep getting full and full is bad for the band. I'm still losing weight, however, I just keep getting full.

I'm the exact same way! I eat then I'm like o m g im sooooo full. But I haven't eaten a lot. I know the head hunger will get better with time but I just don't want to risk stretching anything too early on and never getting the full effects of the band!

But I also had the plication done so idk if that has anything to do with it.

The band will not stop head hunger. Only you can control head hunger. I have blogged about trying to get a hold of this several times including just yesterday (http://www.lapbandtalk.com/blog/7232-ajtexass-blog/).

As for stretching your pouch, if you eat too big a bits, too fast all the time then over time the pouch will stretch. This is why it is so important to eat by the band rules: small bits, chew until mush and wait about 1 minute between bits.

Learning the band does take time, but I'm sure you will get a handle on it. :)

Lets be truthful, I know I have over eaten.... I'm not proud at all and know it's totally wrong!!!! I know that some of us have a harder time than others... I feel bad saying this, but I feel that I have very little will. I have a co worker that has lost about the amount I have. But I was band 6 months before her and i get mad at myself. I think for me my mind is full of it! I over think, and compare myself and I know I shouldn't! Everyone is different. It may take someone a couple of months, but for me I think it will take a couple of years.... sad but I won't give up. Only time will tell.

The band will not stop head hunger. Only you can control head hunger. I have blogged about trying to get a hold of this several times including just yesterday (http://www.lapbandta...-ajtexass-blog/).

As for stretching your pouch, if you eat too big a bits, too fast all the time then over time the pouch will stretch. This is why it is so important to eat by the band rules: small bits, chew until mush and wait about 1 minute between bits.

Learning the band does take time, but I'm sure you will get a handle on it. :)

Thanks for the website suggestion. I am so glad you listed it!

Lets be truthful, I know I have over eaten.... I'm not proud at all and know it's totally wrong!!!! I know that some of us have a harder time than others... I feel bad saying this, but I feel that I have very little will. I have a co worker that has lost about the amount I have. But I was band 6 months before her and i get mad at myself. I think for me my mind is full of it! I over think, and compare myself and I know I shouldn't! Everyone is different. It may take someone a couple of months, but for me I think it will take a couple of years.... sad but I won't give up. Only time will tell.

One thing I did at the beginning of my journey was I took a notebook and logged EVERYTHING. What I ate/drank, how much, what I was feeling at the time, what was going on in my life, etc. Then I could see in black & white everything that was going on. I learned what triggered my head hunger, what foods didn't satisfy me.

You might try this cause it helped me. Now I still have good & bad days, I think we all do.

Its very hard! Plus, the agony of "uh oh, bread isn't getting stuck. Did I stretch my pouch, dilate my esophagus, slip my band"? Do I need another fill? I've gotta get the soft stop mastered. I've gotta stop getting full and start taking one bite a minute.

I'm a newbie, but have read a few posts on here that indicate with proper restriction (green zone), you shouldn't be having much head hunger if any. One poster (name on the boards is B-52) described that he just doesn't think about food much at all and has to remind himself to eat. I've read others that describe the same thing.

This makes sense to me. If you have to fight head hunger, then it sounds like the band isn't helping very much. I certainly hope head hunger goes away for me, as I'm afraid my will power is not nearly enough.

My thought is you definitely need a fill.

Brianb I totally agree. I have an appointment on the 25th for my 5th, and hopefully last, fill. I'm at 7.3 in a 10cc. It seems like that's a lot and that I should already be in green zone. We'll see. I hope this happens fast. I'm tired of being hungry.

Agreed jaye282, it does seem like a lot :( But, I've read posts on here of people with 10 CC and doing well. Hoping you hit the green zone soon.

Man, I hope it doesn't take 5 fills for me... At 3 now and starting to feel the band, but it could just be the initial swelling from the fill three days ago.