Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I'm 4 1/2 weeks post op from my TT and I notice when ever I wear my Spanx I can't eat as much. Did anyone else experience this sensation?

Hi

I had an extended Tummy Tuck.< /p>

I worn my binder (girdle) for 3 months. I found I didn't have much of an appetite following the surgery. I found when I had the binder on it was very restricting... but the end results were worth it. I also had 4 drains in.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

I had no drains I just found it strange but not complaining surgery was not bad at all, I only hope the next one goes as well. I love my Dr. And that has a lot to do with it. I had so my consultations from different ones and it is amazing what some of them will tell you.

I'm 2weeks post TT and my appetite is just starting to come back, but yes I noticed that tied sensation. My Dr. recommended to buy for my scar silicone scar sheets, did you try that?

My dr gave me some scar stuff that he wants me to start at 6 weeks. My scar is a faint red line which I really thought would be much more noticeable than it is. Once the scabs came off I've been putting organic coconut oil on my belly just to keep it soft, but don't know if that did anything. Saw the dr at 4 weeks and he was amazed at how good everything looks. I will attempt to put pictures.

How was the recovery from your TT? Your scar looks awesome, like a crease more so!

I'm still swollen which will take time but my scar looks great. The recovery was not bad at all, the worst part is sneezing! I have been doing Pilates for 2 years and my dr said that's what made all the difference. I would tell anyone getting a TT to do Pilates for about 6 months prior.

How long did approval take for insurance approval for Tummy Tuck and down time??? I'm in the next phase haven't done my pics yet with lapband surgeon but soon

I paid out of pocket. This surgery wasn't bad at all. In a week I was out shopping. Everyone is different but I will tell you I do Pilates which I started right after my band surgery (June 2011). Had my TT march 1. It made all the difference in the world. My Dr said doing Pilates made his job easier and my healing easier. Make sure you do everything the dr says, get your Protein in and Walk. The more you move the quicker you'll heal. I'm back at the gym I just do what ever doesn't hurt. Sneezing hurts so hold a pillow and sneeze with your mouth open. This is a life changing surgery, more than the band, the band helped me change my lifestyle to a healthy one but this surgery is a very visual one. I had a hanging lower abdomen for 29 years and I can tell you when he took off the bandages I cried, not from pain but from being able to see my feet and my other parts with out bending forward, stepping out of the shower and not lifting the skin to dry off, putting on a pair of pants with out smashing the skin in to zip up, all the things that were normal for me were gone and in place of that was a whole new world. Not only will this change your body but it will change your emotional look at your body.