Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I know this is probably on the forum and for the life of me I can't find any posts to fit what I'm asking, so I'm putting this out there. I may be just spoiled from consistently losing every week (except for a short lived plateau around Christmas time) and I'm really happy with my progress, but today I stepped on for my weekly weigh in and had gained a little over a pound. I track on MFP every little morsel and have been walking 5-6 days a weeks around 2/4 miles a day and my calories ranged from 700-1200 over this week and my Protein and carbs were on target (this is all I'm supposed to watch per my NUT), so not sure what is going on. I should probably just not worry about it and see what happens next week. But any thoughts? LBT is very supportive and I may just need this, as I know this is not much of a weight gain, but as I'm sure some of you can understand, weight gain (no matter how much/little it is) is hard to accept when you are doing everything right and want to get away from obesity.

I know this isn't any consolation to your problem but I weigh every day because of Fluid retention. I got on the scales this morning and had gained 2 lbs and looked down and my ankles were swollen so after church this morning I came home and have since then taken a lasix hoping to get some fluid off. I feel you, no matter how little or how much, as hard as we work on it, it's still hard to take in looking at the numbers.

Small fluctuations in weight are totally normal. You can fluctuate even 3 or 4 pounds from day to day, even hour to hour. Sodium, hormones, even bowel function can all effect your weight.

Plus, we have to remember our bodies aren't machines. It would be so easy if we just lost consistently based on our caloric intake but that's not the case. Our bodies don't want to give up the fat. They're programmed to hold onto it. So, sometimes we hit plateaus and even little increases that are just our body trying to hold onto that fat we're so desperately trying to get rid of.

Give it a day or two and you'll see that pound gone. It'll probably take another with it, too.

Honestly you may sometimes not be eating enough food. I went through a period a year ago where i was stuck, i went up and down with 3-4 pounds and also always tracked my food on MFP. It was not until I increased my Protein to about 80-90 gms perday and consistantly ate around 1100 to 1200 calories that I started to lose again. I had over analized everything I put in my mouth and like you could not understand why I was not losing. I exercised like crazy and watched what I ate so why not lose. How much protein do you eat per day and do you fall below 1000 calories often, if so your body will hold on to the fat. You actually need food to turn your body into a machine to burn fat.

I'm surprised this is only the second time you've had a small plateau? Sorry, but I copied one of my posts from earlier in the day and I'm just going to repost it here:

Your post is similar to so many every day. So yes, nearly everyone(99%?) has experienced going a few days and did not lose weight and maybe even gained a lb or 2? Losing weight vs losing fat are two different things entirely.

The band is not a magic wand where we lose fat or weight every day or even every week. Your scale does not separate the two main factors of losing weight. Fat vs fluids!

The scale does not know that it's your TOM or that you ate chinese with a 1/4 cup of soy sauce, or a lean cusine with 750 mg sodium, or 2 cups of chicken Soup loaded with sodium. Your scale does not know you've exercised rigorously for the last 2 weeks adding muscle to replace lost fat.

You can lose 3 lbs of fat in one week but the scale may not indicate any loss of fat at all if you are retaining fluids.

It's so easy for our bodies to retain 3-5 lbs of water/fluids if the environment presents itself. Eat a lot of sodium, TOM, medications or illness make our bodies retain fluids. That's weight and lots of it. You can expect wild 1-5 lb fluctuations every day or week. No one is immune. jmo

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words. This type of thing used to send me into a downward spiral, which is not happening this time around, but it's good to hear the input of others, especially the great people on LBT :).

LoveTheNewMe, I've entertained that thought too, that I need more calories and I'm shooting for 1200 right now and it's just not happening consistently, I'm just not hungry, but hey, next week may fare better.

And 2muchfun, I agree, I've been very lucky, but it's been consistent. Wish my search in the forums found this post you are referring to, it didn't come up, or maybe I did it wrong :).

I feel much better and I appreciate it!

Hopefully next week makes up for this week!! :) You are doing awesome!