Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just was curious if anyone knew how the refill works?? When they fill the band do they sedate you or numb the area? Just curious how that works? :)

Every doctor seems to have their own way to do fills. Some numb it first and others don't. I've never heard of a surgeon using sedation for a fill, to me that would be overkill.

Mine doesn't numb it but I never feel it anyway. It's really no biggie.

Okay I thought sedation would be weird lol!! But was curious... You don't feel them refilling it?? I was curious I was looking on line it just looks painful! I'm just freaking myself out! My friend told me to stop looking up the bad things on here! Sorry if that's a lot of questions just curious! :)

Okay I thought sedation would be weird lol!! But was curious... You don't feel them refilling it?? I was curious I was looking on line it just looks painful! I'm just freaking myself out! My friend told me to stop looking up the bad things on here! Sorry if that's a lot of questions just curious! :)

It hurts for under 30 seconds. I have had 3 fills so far. No biggie. Good luck.

Nope I honestly don't feel it at all, not even a prick.

I can feel the needle going in, but it's honestly less painful than a blood draw. Your abdomen has fewer nerve ending per square inch than a lot of other spots, after all. You can't actually feel the band tightening or anything, so just think of it as your weight loss booster shot! :-)

I just had my first fill today. The surgeon just locate my port, put pressure on it and stick me with the needle. I felt a pinch but that's about it. The weird thing is, he ask me to get up and walk to the machine with the syringe sticking out of me LOL.

I can feel the needle going in' date=' but it's honestly less painful than a blood draw. Your abdomen has fewer nerve ending per square inch than a lot of other spots, after all. You can't actually feel the band tightening or anything, so just think of it as your weight loss booster shot! :-)[/quote']

Thnx for that information I am a little nervous about pretty much everything lol!! But I am def going to look at it as a weight loss booster shot! Lol;)

I just had my first fill today. The surgeon just locate my port' date=' put pressure on it and stick me with the needle. I felt a pinch but that's about it. The weird thing is, he ask me to get up and walk to the machine with the syringe sticking out of me LOL.[/quote']

Lol!! Did you feel the syringe when you were walking?

Lol!! Did you feel the syringe when you were walking?

LOL nope but it was sticking out.

LOL nope but it was sticking out.

Lol too funny!!

gg, I've never felt any pain from a fill. I havent been sedated or numbed. My doc just presses down on port and injects. It's less pain than a typical flu shot or blood drawn. Good luck with it.

I am a major needle phobe and actually took a friend with me for my first fill. My doctor is really good at distracting me when he is getting ready to put the needle in. I never even felt it! I felt so stupid having someone with me after that but I think it's normal to feel your first fill. Does not even hurt-honest. At least it didn't for me- someone that fears needles something AWEFUL!

I think it's normal to Fear your first fill that is- can't spell!

I am a major needle phobe and actually took a friend with me for my first fill. My doctor is really good at distracting me when he is getting ready to put the needle in. I never even felt it! I felt so stupid having someone with me after that but I think it's normal to feel your first fill. Does not even hurt-honest. At least it didn't for me- someone that fears needles something AWEFUL!

I am very scared of needles I think I just over think things and freak myself out! Lol :)