Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey y'all! Im newly single and need some date ideas that don't include eating. Lol! I don't want to disclose that I am banded and it's getting hard to explain why I'm only eating 1/4 of my meal. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks!

Sporting events, concerts, movies, plays, skiing, biking, hiking, museums, historic home visits, antiquing. Many of these offer food but it's junk food, fast food and it's easy to explain away the fact that your body is a temple and only healthy nutritious edibles will cross your lips :D

movies, go for a hike or go to a park and bring a picnic, starbucks for a coffee/hot cocoa, mini golf or an arcade, bowling, concerts

I was single when banded (3 yrs ago). I had been widowed about 2 yrs when I got banded. I started dating again about a yr after getting banded (I had lost about 75 lbs at that point). Most of my dates were just a cup of coffee so the topic never came up. Several tho were meals (like my now-husband) and I openly told every single one of my dates about my band. Never have I heard one bad thing about it. They were mostly curious and happy that I was taking care of myself.

In fact, my now-husband (of 14 mths now, thank you very much!) and I met for coffee at 2 am (we happened to be on the computer talking and he wanted to meet right then) and I told him over coffee. He had recently lost 80 lbs also (using Atkins) so we had something in common - the desire to get healthier!

It's up to you whether you want to tell dates about your band, but I'm just saying that I think most people are very open to it. But then again, I'm very open to everyone about my band. I'll tell anyone who'll listen how it saved my life!

Good luck in the dating world! It's tough out there!

Marci

I agree with Marci. I'm very open about my band. When I met my boyfriend I told him fairly quickly I had the band. He was curious about it and asked questions but it never once bothered him at all. He actually said he was proud of me for taking control of my health and thought it was a great thing. Once we got serious I even showed him pictures of me before my band.

Fast forward to today, we now happily live together. He is by far my biggest cheerleader and supporter, too.

You have to do what's best for you and whatever you're comfortable with. I just figured I wanted to put all my stuff out there early on because if a man had issue with me then I wanted to know right away, before I become emotionally attached. My theory was and is, if he doesn't love me despite my flaws and struggles then he doesn't deserve me at all.

Best wishes to you!

Nicely put Missy! Exactly how I feel and will act if I ever get the "balls" to date again :).

Dancing!! that is how I met my husband at a dance club in NYC . NO food was involved there that night, LOL!

Thanks for the ideas guys!!! And congratulations to all you have lost weight and found love!!!

If their a potential right one they won't care if you have the band. If they do care then that will save you the wasted time.