Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got the surgery done sept 4th, 2012 and I had great results the first three months but now the weight loss has significantly slowed. Anyone have any tips? I'm starting to get a bit discouraged.

your not alone, I had mine june 2011 and it also flew off, then almost a year later I was stuck at the same weight. I know allot of it was me for sure but I was getting discourged. Then almost 9 months later its starting to come off again. Hang in there it happens to almost everyone, good luck

I had mine Sept 17th and it has been slooowwwww. I have never gained a pound but the loss seems so minimal. But a loss is a loss. I have had 3 fills and am no where near restriction, so am on a diet........it is hard. It has been suggested to change your calorie intake, add more for a few days, decrease, change your exercise routine.

Good luck.

Are you exercising, sleeping 8 hours, drinking enough Water, eating enough Protein, pooping everyday because all these things affect your weight loss. Yes pooping is important. lol. Up your protein if you are exercising like a fiend then only go three days a week. Some people that exercise excessively will halt their weight loss.

Also after the first few months weight loss will slow to a crawl. This is not the time to be discouraged.

Please fill in your profile so we know more about your situation? And what do you mean by slow? I've seen people complain that 10 lbs a month was slow.

If you want help you're going to have to provide a lot more info?

How many calories do you consume a day? And, do you track your foods?

What do your meals look like?

Starting weight and weight now?

Are you religious about your eating habits or do you sometimes backslide?

Fills? Green zone? Restriction? Snacking? Are you hungry after a meal?

Or, just go to your nutritionist and he/she can break down the reasons you're not losing? Most of us can only give you our own personal perspective but it might help?

tmf

I didn't get a fill last time bc I'm never really hungry. A lot of times I force myself to eat nd drink my Protein Shakes. I just started tracking what I eat on lose it (an app) and I'm hoping it helps. One of my friends had the surgery and is helping me but she doesn't really follow the program so I feel she's heading me in the wrong direction. So if anyone lives in tr area and needs a lap buddy I could use a better support system :)

Weight loss slows down after 3 months so no surprise there. Losing 2-8 lbs a month is expected even if you follow the rules religiously sometimes. Of course, the Holidays set many of us back a few months.

You might want to mix up your diet and calorie intake. Maybe up calories to 1400 a few days in case your body is in starvation mode. Then go to 1000/day for a week or so? Mix up your exercise routine too. I like to eliminate most of my carb intake for a few days to get the scale to move or go on a 5 day pouch test. Just don't do the same thing day in and out.

tmf