Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

slipped band :(

I'm so sad and so disappointed. I have done SO well ive lost 128lbs and feel great but noticed I could start eating a lot more then I could before but thought since I'm two years out maybe I need a fill after not having one for 1 1/2 years. When I went in they recommend I get a upper gi to make sure I'm ok. Well I have a bad slip and have to remove the Fluid Monday and have to have surgery to fix it. Please someone who has had this hasn't gained much and has been ok after tell me it will be ok

I'm sorry this has happened. Why surgery? Usually an unfill will allow the stomach to heal and return to normal...

She said its a bad fill. I'm not sure I will know more Monday. Just seems so weird I had no clue

I know that some that have had a slipped band can get their fill removed and the band can go back in place after a couple of weeks. Is this not a possibility? This is the time when we find out how much we have changed our lifestyle! If you have taken these 2 years and learned why you over ate, how and what to eat, Portion Control, and exercise you should be just fine. There is no reason you should gain any substantial weight back until you regain the use of your band. If this isn't something you worked on, this could be the defining moment to your health. You've had the determination to lose over 120 pounds, I am pretty confident that this will be a minor bump in the road for you! You can obviously do anything you set your mind to! Don't be scared or nervous, make it work! Your not losing the band forever. Just think, when you get proper restriction again, those last 24 pounds will probably fly off! Good luck!

I can't help with your question, but just wanted to say how sorry I am. I'd like to think that if I had my band for 2yrs and lost all that weight, that I would be able to stick to LB rules on eating, but until I'm in this spot, who knows.

Best of luck!

I was rebanded in 2009 due to a slip and the slip was caused from violent throwing up (had vertigo...never had it before and never want it again). I was unfilled on a Tuesday and in surgery on Wed. My surgeon told me I would gain weight but not to worry because WE would get it back off (I love my surgeon!). I believe I gained 6 or 7 lbs before my first fill but I got it off. I, like you was at goal. You just got to watch it, watch the carbs etc. The only symptoms I had was excessive burping (while band was slipped) so my coordinator and I decided we should look into and I got an upper GI. Anyway, fast forward 3 1/2 years...I don't need as much Fluid in my band now, your body changes and it changes all the time. I'm doing great and have maintained for 3 1/2 years. The one thing my center has done for the last two years is require an upper GI once a year for everyone just to make sure things are as they should be. They feel if problems are caught in the early stage then chances to fix them without surgery is greater. Oh, and I know this wasn't mentioned and probably not your case at all but I am so passionate about this.....Never, Never think it is ok to be tight or on the tight side...people are just asking for trouble thinking being tight is a good thing.

I was rebanded in 2009 due to a slip and the slip was caused from violent throwing up (had vertigo...never had it before and never want it again). I was unfilled on a Tuesday and in surgery on Wed. My surgeon told me I would gain weight but not to worry because WE would get it back off (I love my surgeon!). I believe I gained 6 or 7 lbs before my first fill but I got it off. I, like you was at goal. You just got to watch it, watch the carbs etc. The only symptoms I had was excessive burping (while band was slipped) so my coordinator and I decided we should look into and I got an upper GI. Anyway, fast forward 3 1/2 years...I don't need as much Fluid in my band now, your body changes and it changes all the time. I'm doing great and have maintained for 3 1/2 years. The one thing my center has done for the last two years is require an upper GI once a year for everyone just to make sure things are as they should be. They feel if problems are caught in the early stage then chances to fix them without surgery is greater. Oh, and I know this wasn't mentioned and probably not your case at all but I am so passionate about this.....Never, Never think it is ok to be tight or on the tight side...people are just asking for trouble thinking being tight is a good thing.

thank you so much this makes me feel better i know that i am able to eat right as well as exercise im just disappointed in myself i think its from over eating which i know i shouldnt do ugh :( but thanks for your kind words and i hope all goes well for me. :)

I'm so sad and so disappointed. I have done SO well ive lost 128lbs and feel great but noticed I could start eating a lot more then I could before but thought since I'm two years out maybe I need a fill after not having one for 1 1/2 years. When I went in they recommend I get a upper gi to make sure I'm ok. Well I have a bad slip and have to remove the Fluid Monday and have to have surgery to fix it. Please someone who has had this hasn't gained much and has been ok after tell me it will be ok

You have lost 128 pounds, that is amazing! Use that and go with it. If the band does have to be removed look at it as it was your ticket to get started to a healthier happier lifestyle. We have all been preached to about how the band is just a tool. It factors in to a change in life choices we have to make to eat healthy and to exercise. You have a head start! Just so you know I am facing a chance at a removal also. I will know for sure February 6th. I was 370 pounds and I am now 247. I still have a long way to go. Yes I am scared to lose my band, but with a positive attitude and all the support on here, we will make it! Much love and blessings!

You have lost 128 pounds' date=' that is amazing! Use that and go with it. If the band does have to be removed look at it as it was your ticket to get started to a healthier happier lifestyle. We have all been preached to about how the band is just a tool. It factors in to a change in life choices we have to make to eat healthy and to exercise. You have a head start! Just so you know I am facing a chance at a removal also. I will know for sure February 6th. I was 370 pounds and I am now 247. I still have a long way to go. Yes I am scared to lose my band, but with a positive attitude and all the support on here, we will make it! Much love and blessings![/quote']

Thank you I agree I have learned a lot and plan on doing well either way.

I'm having my band removed as well. I'm sad but I'm glad . I would rather bust my tukus at the gym and eat right. My band has helped me lose 115 lbs but slipped while I was pregnant when it was completly unfilled? Weird right . Well so here goes the moment of truth . I have to have my baby early and remove the band at the same time. Meanwhile I can only drink a sip every 10 mins. And get fluids once a week at hospital to try and make it to 36 weeks . Scared to death to gain a significant amount of weight after removal . I guess I'm losing so much now I make up for it.scarey situation being preg and all.

I'm having surgery at 8am tomorrow and I'm going in for either removal or revision. I've been so confused but I know the best decision would be removal. I've been extremely sad because the band really worked for me. I currently weight 198 and I lost 67 lbs with the Lap-band. I have the fear of gaining weight but if I work out like a beast and keep eating healthy I should be fine. So glad I found this forum.

I'm having my band removed as well. I'm sad but I'm glad . I would rather bust my tukus at the gym and eat right. My band has helped me lose 115 lbs but slipped while I was pregnant when it was completly unfilled? Weird right . Well so here goes the moment of truth . I have to have my baby early and remove the band at the same time. Meanwhile I can only drink a sip every 10 mins. And get fluids once a week at hospital to try and make it to 36 weeks . Scared to death to gain a significant amount of weight after removal . I guess I'm losing so much now I make up for it.scarey situation being preg and all.

Can pregnancy cause the band to slip? I had my baby 9 months ago I never removed any liquid during the pregnancy at all.

I'm having surgery at 8am tomorrow and I'm going in for either removal or revision. I've been so confused but I know the best decision would be removal. I've been extremely sad because the band really worked for me. I currently weight 198 and I lost 67 lbs with the Lap-band. I have the fear of gaining weight but if I work out like a beast and keep eating healthy I should be fine. So glad I found this forum.

I'm sorry to hear this and hope everything works out for you. If I have to have mine removed I plan on getting the gastric sleeve I see the surgeon Monday was suppose to last Monday but they cancelled. Keep me posted on how things go for you.