Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi to all,

Its been awhile since I last posted to the board, but I'm back.

I've been trying to adjust to being a bandster I was band on 11/18/03, I'm still growing with my band and what it is that I need to do in order to lose the weight. So far I have lost 40lbs and thats been with out a fill I just received my first fill on 3/2/04. I was unable to receive a fill because I had problems with my Port which was replace on 3/2, my port had become dislocated and flip and no adjustments could be make so I had to have surgery to repair it and it was decided that I need a new one.

My fill was only 1/2cc and I can tell that I have one because its like learning all over again to eat and drink and I have PBed a few times because I ate to fast but this is a learning process.

I'm looking forward to losing more weight an I'm happy about the 40lbs weight lost even through there were times that I was beating myself up and feeling I should have lost more then I have.

Angelina

Dr. Ferzli 11/18/03

287/247/160

Hi Ashanti, welcome back!

Sorry to hear about your port problems. Can you tell us how that was discovered? Was it something you knew about before the doctors or did they find it when trying to give you a fill? Did you have any pain or anything else obvious? And was fixing it done under local anaesthetic?

I'm glad it's now fixed and you've been able to get an adjustment. But 40 lbs in three months!! Wow!!! Ashanti, why on earth would you beat yourself up about that? That's amazing progress!! In fact, it may not (and probably won't) continue at that pace, so please realize what incredible progress you've made so far. You're losing weight literally twice as fast as I am, so PLEASE don't get down on yourself or I'll start to feel like a failure (ha ha, just kidding, I think).

Anyway, thanks for coming back and I hope we'll see more of you as there is less of you to see. :D:P

Sorry to hear that you had the port problems. However, 40 pounds is indeed an awesome weight loss! I hope that it's smooth sailing for you from here on out. :D

THANKS TO ALL FOR REPLYING TO MY POST, IT ALWAYS FEEL GOOD TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE WITH A SHARED GOAL (TO LOSE WEIGHT AND FEEL BETTER.)

AS FOR THE PORT REPLACEMENT I FOUND OUT DOING A DR. VISIT TO HAVE A FILL THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM THE DR. COULD NOT FIND THE PORT OPENING AFTER SOME SEARCHING AND A LOT OF DISCOMFER SO IT WAS DECIDED THAT I WOULD HAVE A FLOSCOP ( I THINK THATS WHAT ITS CALLED) AT THE HOSPITAL WERE AFTER SOMETIME TRYING IT WAS FOUNDED THAT AN ADJUSTMENT COULD'NT BE MAKE BECAUSE MY PORT HAD DETACHED AND FLIPED. GENERAL ANSTI. ONE DAY AND THE PAIN FROM THIS SURGERY IS VERY PAINFUL MORE SO THEN HAVING THE BAND PLACED I DONT KNOW WHY BUT IT HURT TO SIT OR LAYDOWN.

I DID HAVE SOME PAIN IN THE PORT AREA BEFORE IT WAS DISCOVERY THAT I COULD NOT GET A FILL AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS NORMAL IT WAS NOT A BAD PAIN JUST AN I KNOW YOUR THERE PAIN I THRO- IT WAS JUST MY PORT LETTING ME KNOW IT WAS THERE, BUT IT DID GET WORSE AS I GOT CLOSER TO HAVING IT REPAIRED. TO ALL READER PLEASE FOR GIVE THE MISSPELLINGS , I'M A NIGHT WORKER AND JUST TO LAZY TO TAKE THE TIME TO CORRECT THEM TRYING TO GET BACK TO BED TO GET MY NAP BEFORE GOING IN AND HOPING I HAVE A BETTER NIGHT THEN LAST NIGHT I HAVE USED ALL OF MY SICK TIME TO I'M FORCED TO GO IN EVEN THRO- I WAS OFF FOR 4 DAYS AFTER SURGERY.

Hi Ashanti,

Thanks for sharing with us about your port replacement. I hope you are feeling better really soon.

Take Care and congratulations on your 40lb weight loss. That must feel great!:D

Hi Ashanti. Dr. Ferzli also did my band on 8/12/03.

I have lost 55 lbs so far.

I am sorry you had trouble with your port, something I was so afraid of.

Things will now look up for you. The beauty of the band is the mere fact you were able to have it fixed!!!!