Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2Nd Pre-Op Day, Not Feeling Good, Help!!!!!

I'm on my 2nd day of pre-op diet. I feel horrible. I'm weak and shaky and these Protein Shakes are sitting well in my stomach. I've tried 4 differnt ones. Ugh!!!! Any suggestions would be sooooo greatly appreciated. I need to survive this week.

I'm on my 2nd day of pre-op diet. I feel horrible. I'm weak and shaky and these Protein shakes are sitting well in my stomach. I've tried 4 differnt ones. Ugh!!!! Any suggestions would be sooooo greatly appreciated. I need to survive this week.

Hi there..this is my first post so I apologize if it looks crAzy! I am scheduled on the 8th so I am right there with you. What else are you eating/drinking? TUMS are part of my regimen too. Cottage cheese? Yogurt? Atkins Dark chocolate Royale shake has been my fav so far..the Colder the better! Hope this helps...best of luck!!

I'm on my 2nd day of pre-op diet. I feel horrible. I'm weak and shaky and these Protein shakes are sitting well in my stomach. I've tried 4 differnt ones. Ugh!!!! Any suggestions would be sooooo greatly appreciated. I need to survive this week.

I mix my Protein powder with a glass of 100% skim milk and a banana, all mixed in my food processor - its a lovely, healthy shake! I have it every morning for Breakfast. Small sips... I also mix the Protein Powder with yoghurt and a tiny teaspoon of honey - tastes great! Remember, you are healing in the first month, not dieting!

Hi there..this is my first post so I apologize if it looks crAzy! I am scheduled on the 8th so I am right there with you. What else are you eating/drinking? TUMS are part of my regimen too. Cottage cheese? Yogurt? Atkins Dark chocolate Royale shake has been my fav so far..the Colder the better! Hope this helps...best of luck!!

My nutritionist told me to only have fluids. My PA said we could have some chicken and other high Protein things as long as we stay in our parameters of Protein and calories. I'm afraid to do anything. lol. Don't want to screw up surgery. This is nerve racking and I know it doesn't have to be. I need to get a grip before I drive myself crazy.

i have a question about the Protein Shakes, ,,,,where do u buy the adkins shakes, ,, as u can see i dont diet,,, but will be banded next month,,, so im getting prepaired,,, thanks for any answers :)

I got mine at Walmart-supplement section near the pharmacy. They are @$5 for a 4 pack...my fav is Dark Choc..the colder the better:)

I'm on day 7 but I was supposed to have my surgery yesterday but It got postponed bc of Sandy sigh. So I have to keep on the diet till thur the 8th but it's getting better for me now, since I found a Protein Shake I actually like. I'm using Unjury chocolate and it taste like a chocolate shake to me. So for Breakfast I have that with a pack of sugar free oatmeal n that fills me up. For lunch I'm have another shake and probably some yogurt or some sugar free Jello. Hope that helps

I am lactose intolerant so I couldn't do the Optifast shakes So I'm to have 2 ounces of lean Protein four times today and just vegetables and lots of Water is anyone else doing this kind of diet for preop?

home made chicken veggie Soup is great. the perpase of this diet is to decrease the size of the liver and losing 5-10 lbs does that for you. drink as much as you want and broth taste great and its hot so it is soothing. Protein will stablize your blood sugar and you wont feel shaky. Eat one meal a day to feel better.......line dancer

sugar free popsicles were a life saver for me in the all liquid phase. Gave me something to chew on anyway!

i have a question about the Protein shakes,,,,,where do u buy the adkins shakes, ,, as u can see i dont diet,,, but will be banded next month,,, so im getting prepaired,,, thanks for any answers :)

I get the Atkins shakes at Target since they sell 8 packs of it.(About $10) I have also gotten it at Wal Mart since they have a little more variety.(4 packs about $5) I found those two to be the cheapest. Walgreens and Rite Aid charge about $9 for a 4 pack. Total rip off!

I'm on day 2 also and it's so hard all i can do is smoke my cigarettes twice as much

I'm on day 2 also and it's so hard all i can do is smoke my cigarettes twice as much

I was told I had to quit smoking a few months before surgery. I was told there is more complications from surgery if I didnt stop. I was told any surgery they have you stop.

D

Did you stop for surgery and how long, just between us:LOL!Im really having a tuff time of it. Ive quit more or lees. Some days more some days less. ROFLMAO!

Thanks!Sandy

Tho Im considering switching to the sleeve instead,a nd thats a more complicated procedure, more cutting, more to get infected. Tho I can die any worse. but .....You know what I mean. Sandy no relation to the HURRICANE!