Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ordered New Road Bike!

Three years ago I went on a cruise and did a cycling tour at one of the ports. The guide was extremely rude about having a "special" bike for me because of my weight.

Today I am 63kg (140lb) down in weight and tonight I ordered my first road bike, a Giant Defy 2.

I've ridden about 3,000km on my old hybrid this year so this is a huge step up for me.

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Happy riding!

Awesome, biking is such great exercise. My hubs and I love to go out and ride. Enjoy it!

Congratulations on your journey. Keep up your good work.

Update - my bike shop called yesterday and offered me a free upgrade to the next model because they had one in stock which had a small scratch on the wheel rim. Naturally I accepted which meant I was able to pick it up last night. After spending almost an hour in the shop getting properly fitted and the last of my accessories added, I rode it home.

Sweet ride! I slashed almost 10 minutes off my usual ride time and I wasn't even pushing it as I was getting used to the bike. Average speed over my 30 km (18.6 mile) ride was 25.5kmh - well up from my usual 21 - 22kmh.

Now we just need to sort our finances so DH can also upgrade to a road bike because we do a lot of our riding together.

DH bought himself a second hand road bike last night. Same model as mine but two years old. Says he doesn't do as many kms as me so doesn't need a brand new one. Tomorrow we ride together again!

That is awesome. I bought my road bike last March and love riding it. The best thing you can do for yourself is find an activity that you will enjoy. That is the only way to really stick with it.