Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1St Fill & Stuck Episode

I Had a 1.5ml fill yesterday morning was told liquids for the next 24hrs did that and thought by lunch today things should be ok had 3 little bites of gallic bread (no bread for me ever again!) & now I have my first stuck and have been bringing up slime for the last hour!!!

What a horrible experience ;(

I Had a 1.5ml fill yesterday morning was told liquids for the next 24hrs did that and thought by lunch today things should be ok had 3 little bites of gallic bread (no bread for me ever again!) & now I have my first stuck and have been bringing up slime for the last hour!!!

What a horrible experience ;(

sorry for your experience and yes it is horrible. I'm 9 wks post op and have been stuck 4 times. I have 4.5cc's in my band so far and getting a fill next week. I think my stuck episodes are too fast at eating and not chewing. Need to learn my band and still learning. Yes I agree with above, liquids then mushies then on to solids. Take it easy, hope you feel better.

Yay, happy dance time! That means you are either in the green zone or nibbling very close. :rolleyes: You've got restriction so now you start working on how to eat so that you feel satisfied with less food.

It's a happy time isn't it? And don't worry, you'll get stuck again. It takes a while to relearn years of pigging out, not chewing, bad food selection, distracted eating and eating too fast.

Eat small, chew big and do it slowly.

tmf

I have to agree with tfm, it's time to Celebrate. When I was in the green zone I had to steer clear of bread -- not a big loss for the great results I was getting. I had an "incident" of my own doing and had to have some of my Fluid removed. I've had one fill since then and am still not even near the green zone. I'll be glad when I get that first signal that tells me I'm there again!!!!

Hey there.....getting stuck can be a scary experience. I have gotten stuck twice and it scared the daylights out of me. I know I was eating too fast and not chewing enough. I just had my first fill on Monday but the episodes happened before my fill. I dont think Im anywhere near the green zone being I have to stop myself when eating and I really dont feel any restriction. My doctor advised that after the fill I do 24 hours of liquid....2 days of just shakes 3x's a day and 2 days of mushies then I can go back to solid. I'm looking forward to my mushies today lol. Hang in there and remember little bites.....chew chew chew......we are re-teaching oursleves and changing something we have done for years and years and years.....we are in it together :)

My Doctor recommends 3 days of liquids followed by 2 days of mushies. I failed to follow his instructions, got stuck and have figured out that I have to bend over with my head below my hips, face over the toilet to let it all backflow a bit. It's scary when it happens.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches