Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Day To Go And Not Feeling Well....

I go in tomorrow @ 7 to be banded surgery is @ 8. I feeling quite queasy right now. Normally things don't get me upset. I don't know if this nerves or one of my "episodes".

About once every 1.5-3 months I hit a weekend(yes always a weekend...?????) Usually a Sunday that I just get queasy. about 80% of the time I end up throwing up bile despite the fact I have been eating during the day. I just have to deal with it and try to get some promethazine down after and keep it down. By if I can do that I'm fine and its over.

I'm just hoping I can keep things together so I can have surgery. I don't want to stop my surgery or cause further complications... any suggestions????

Could it be your gall bladder? I had the same issues before I had my gall bladder removed. And my surgery is in the morning also.

Oh my girls! Good luck to you both! I think nerves get the best of all of us the day before surgery. Try deep breathing and/or go take a walk. Something relaxing. Stay focused on all the reasons you decided to get the band and know that it has been an excellent tool for so many of us. My life has certainly changed for the better.

Will keep you both in my prayers..... Hugs, Marg

I got my surgery this morning and last night I was crapping myself! I was SO nervous, I just kept thinking of the worst! I hardly slept and I felt like I was going to throw up. Now after surgery I really should have saved myself all that stress and worry because it really is how people say. In the operating room the doctor layed me on the table and injected me and said it was pain relief and I literally conked out, I was totally put for the count, next thing I woke up, didn't even know if I had surgery or not until I tried to wriggle in bed and felt some pain, they gave me morphine and I didn't feel a thing! I was just so happy it was over :) and now I'm not I'm much pain, I know it's hard not to worry.. But trust me, save your energy, these is NOTHING to fear, I've felt worse pain hitting my big toe off a chair haha :) best of luck pet.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

When you arrive in the hospital tomorrow let them know you are anxious and they will give you something to relax before hand.

Good luck tomorrow and take a walk to make you tired.

I was banded the 7th and I was worried also. Looking back now this was a breeze. It's over so fast and you only on anesthesia for such a small amount of time. I pretty much woke right up. It's has been by far the easiest surgery I've ever had from a time standpoint. Good luck to you all tomorrow. Happy Band Day!

We all worried and it was scary right up until it's over. Then it's hard for a few days and then it's WONDERFUL. It's ok to be stressed but just take breaths and you'll get through it. You'll be so glad you did it!

Could it be your gall bladder? I had the same issues before I had my gall bladder removed. And my surgery is in the morning also.

No I already had mine removed 4.5 years ago its mellowing out a little. A few more things to pack and I'm ready. Baby steps taking it easy anything more than 15 minutes standing sets off my tummy again so its a little at a time, since I can only use 1 arm.

I go in tomorrow morning too and can't shake this anxious terrified feeling. I'm petrified that I won't wake up!! It has me so freaked out I hope I don't chicken out! GAHH

'

My surgery is this friday

I'm feeling the exact same way as you. But dont be worried about not waking up. I spoke to the anesthesiologist and he said that I have a bigger chance of getting hurt on the freeway then by going "under" (And i drive on the freeway every day!!)