Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricare Waiting Approval How Long?

I am new this? How long did you have to wait for approval from Tricare Prime?

Everything was faxed in today around noon.

I am hoping to still getschedualed for mid Aug. wishful thinking

thanks for yiur coments

I am new this? How long did you have to wait for approval from Tricare Prime?

Everything was faxed in today around noon.

I am hoping to still getschedualed for mid Aug. wishful thinking

thanks for yiur coments

i was approved pretty quickly. (1 day i think)

hope you are also.

seems i should have proof read this post thanks for your responce

My approval was also in a day or 2 after being submitted

My paperwork was submitted Monday and today they came back requesting additional documentation. They want 2-3 months of consecutive doctor weigh-ins. First doc appt was July 11th, made an appt for Aug 10th then they will resubmit. Hopefully it gets approved rather quickly and those are the documents that they need. :(

It only took 2 days, however I had too wait till mon. to speak with the surgeons office. I was able to talk them in a surgery date of Aug. 13 !!! Whoo Hoo!

@ Lap Band Master How did you get your surgeon to do the pilcation pro bono??

As we all know tricare is not on board with the sleeve yet (my first choice) I would like to see if I can get the

pilcation also thanks in advance

It only took 2 days, however I had too wait till mon. to speak with the surgeons office. I was able to talk them in a surgery date of Aug. 13 !!! Whoo Hoo!

@ Lap Band Master How did you get your surgeon to do the pilcation pro bono??

As we all know tricare is not on board with the sleeve yet (my first choice) I would like to see if I can get the

pilcation also thanks in advance

he suggested it (as he knew i was not interested in the bypass. so he said we could do this new procedure (the plication). he explained it to me and i signed a form saying i ok'd it. that is all it took. just call and ask. all they can do it say no.

either way you will be fantastic and do even better :)

My paperwork was submitted Monday and today they came back requesting additional documentation. They want 2-3 months of consecutive doctor weigh-ins. First doc appt was July 11th, made an appt for Aug 10th then they will resubmit. Hopefully it gets approved rather quickly and those are the documents that they need. :(

They will take just 2-3 months of Dr weigh ins? i was told 6 months which is making the process ever so long. Already have 4 months recorded.. wonder if they would approve with that?

They will take just 2-3 months of Dr weigh ins? i was told 6 months which is making the process ever so long. Already have 4 months recorded.. wonder if they would approve with that?

tricare doesnt have a waiting time frame.

is it your doctors office? tricare does however

request past diet attempts that you have done.

they were quick to approve. but i made sure

i covered all areas and left nothing out. (if you dont

then who will).

tricare doesnt have a waiting time frame.

is it your doctors office? tricare does however

request past diet attempts that you have done.

they were quick to approve. but i made sure

i covered all areas and left nothing out. (if you dont

then who will).

Hmm.. The Drs. Office had told me that Tri-Care required a 6 month consecutive check-in with the PCM on recorded weight, BP, and weight loss attempts. They said it was a new policy... guess I will give Tri-Care a call. I know they want 5 years of history as well.. plus all the tests and other requirements. Feeling good.. I only have one more appt and then the 2 more months of check-ins before I can schedule my surgery. Have gotten a lot accomplished the past few months to get this show on the road :)

Hmm.. The Drs. Office had told me that Tri-Care required a 6 month consecutive check-in with the PCM on recorded weight, BP, and weight loss attempts. They said it was a new policy... guess I will give Tri-Care a call. I know they want 5 years of history as well.. plus all the tests and other requirements. Feeling good.. I only have one more appt and then the 2 more months of check-ins before I can schedule my surgery. Have gotten a lot accomplished the past few months to get this show on the road :)

yes when i started this back in feb, the dr told me also 6 month, but after contacting tricare and taking the printout to them from the website, clearly showing no waiting period, they never mentioned it again. if that was the case, i wouldnt be having surgery til later this month.

you are going great it sounds. i have total faith in you.

you just keep it with yourself.

I took them 3 days for mine good luck

Tri-care is diffrent region to region. I have tri-care prime in Italy and from the time my doctor put in the referal to the time of surgery was a little less than a month. I did not have to weigh in, do the psycological eval or see a nutrionist for 6 month. I dont know why it differs from region to region but it does. I was right on the cusp for bmi requirements but had cormoditys so my doctor had to send in a letter of medically nessissity. I suggest asking your doctor about this because maybe it might speed up the process

I too have Tricare Prime. My approval took about 2 days. I called the 800 tricare referall status line and got the news.

I am Tricare Prime South and my approval came in 2 days..As long as everything was in the packet it should come fast. Good luck...'

'

Melinda in Florida