Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surg 6/11/12, I have been doing so good. I am down 20lbs thus far. I went for my first adjustment last week, but the Rn said I was doing so good she wanted to watch me for another 2 weeks. Well the last 2 days I have been really struggling. I feel like I am constantly hungry and tonight when I ate dinner, I didn't stop when I felt satisfied, I stopped when I felt full. Now I am hurting and beating myself up over it. Is it normal to have days where you just don't feel satisfied? I feel like I have now failed and have ruined everything and let everyone down.

You didn't ruin anything, so stop beating yourself up. You know what you did wrong, it's over, and tomorrow is a new day. Learn from your mistakes and keep going. You got this!

Sent from my MB865 using LapBandTalk

Hi Sarie. That's wonderful on your weight loss. You're doing great. I wasn't banded, but rather I had gastric bypass. I experienced the "stopping when I felt full" vs "stopping when I was satisfied". I too hurt and was beating myself up for not stopping when I knew I should. I found that the days where I didn't feel satisfied (and this is just me) I found an emotional trigger. Something happened to me and I ate beyond where I should have because I wanted to get rid of the feelings (I didn't figure it out until after I ate - I had to take the time to think back and figure out what happened.) It has taken me awhile to be able to see my triggers and be able to stop myself from eating to much. I had to be mindful and ask myself: "Diane, why are you eating? Are you truly hungry or what is going on?" I don't know if this has helped you or not, but I hope it does. Keep your chin up. You haven't failed, you just hit a bump in the road.

As a woman at different times of the month I had different degress of when feeling full. All you can do is learn and move on. There is a learning process with the band and you have to learn what works for you. Don't beat yourself up.

Yup! You're a failure! You must be the only person who's ever cheated on the band. So disappointing since all the other posters here have never cheated and always eat what we're supposed to eat. Might as well give up now.

I think I hear a caramel fudge drumstick calling my name, gotta go! :P

LOL, JK, Lighten up, it's one day out of the rest of your life. You'll have more of these(unless you're a perfect bandster) but call that RN up and demand a fill.

tmf

Sarie,

1st thing is listen to everyone who has responded to your post. You are Not even close to being a complete failure. 2nd remember your dealing with a RN not the Doctor, What your experiemcing is 100% normal, matter of fact you are doing GREAT 20 lbs down in that short of time is FANTASTIC. remember your body is still adapting, as you go you'll find yourself eating less. It would seem to me the RN doesn't know wtf their talking about. Nothing has been ruined and let nobody but the stupid ass nurse down and yourself, Now would you rather believe the RN or people like myself who have been there and done that we all got the T-shirt too!!!!! CHIN UP! don't lose the faith !

Sarie,

1st thing is listen to everyone who has responded to your post. You are Not even close to being a complete failure. 2nd remember your dealing with a RN not the Doctor, What your experiemcing is 100% normal, matter of fact you are doing GREAT 20 lbs down in that short of time is FANTASTIC. remember your body is still adapting, as you go you'll find yourself eating less. It would seem to me the RN doesn't know wtf their talking about. Nothing has been ruined and let nobody but the stupid ass nurse down and yourself, Now would you rather believe the RN or people like myself who have been there and done that we all got the T-shirt too!!!!! CHIN UP! don't lose the faith !

As a RN and Nurse Practitioner myself, I find your comments offensive. How do you know the RN hasn't been there and done that like me? My surgeon's nurse has had a gastric bypass. You are making a lot of assumptions about college-educated medical professionals based on little information. The OP said she wanted to wait 2 weeks for whatever reason-that hardly makes her a "stupid ass" who "doesn't know wtf their talking about."

Listen if you dont like what i say dont read it! Just because you know what your doing dosen't mean all RN's do! so why don't you get off your high and mighty educated horse lady! People please get it right not saying all RN's are stupid. and I have alrwy been through it all lady six years post op lost 160 lbs so i think i can speak my mind with confidence!!!

Oh and Congrats to you as well Mrs. Popeye on your new chapter, Stupid ass! :lol: