Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please don't scold me! Has anyone taking an ativan after being banded?

I feel like I am going out of my mind. Every day, particularly in the afternoon, I get such a panic attack that lasts for the rest of the day. Very jittery, confused, etc. I am one week banded.

ANYONE, please, help! And go ahead, scold me if you must, just HELP!

No one should scold you about this. I take the generic brand and I am five weeks banded. I have no problems and my surgeon knows I take it and never said anything about it. I don't know if you are expecting people to criticize you for taking the med or if you are worried that they will tell you to suck it up, but I know I have been having very severe panic attacks since I was very little and it is not just something you can suck up. My dr tells me to take the meds right when I get a twinge of that kind of anxiety. Don't wait till it is a full blown panic attack. You can send me a message any time. :)

Hey Kathie,

I would talk to your doc about the medication because it might not be the right medication for you.

I have had a couple of family members that went on it and had to be taken off, one was my Mom who it just made her (bat **** crazy)she did not even know my sister and I... Lucky that another doctor pulled her right off it and the DOC himself had been put on it as a patient and had to be removed due to symptoms where his family said he was acting extremely upset/disoriented/didn't know his family etc.

We keep Klonopin around the house which is good and I know alot of people that take it for anxiety which I do, so does my husband and my sister. I just take it here and there but not on a daily basis.

We also try to meditate, nothing freaky or wild but just to try to balance out life and stress and IF i can't sleep then i take one of the pills. It just calms my brain so I can sleep, but yet you can function on it. Good luck!

Please don't scold me! Has anyone taking an ativan after being banded?

I feel like I am going out of my mind. Every day' date=' particularly in the afternoon, I get such a panic attack that lasts for the rest of the day. Very jittery, confused, etc. I am one week banded.

ANYONE, please, help! And go ahead, scold me if you must, just HELP![/quote']

I tame a 1mg ativan before bed! ""