Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have You Noticed.....

that Stairs are getting steeper Groceries are heavier And, everything is farther away.. Yesterday I walked to the corner and I was dumbfounded to discover how long my street had become!

And, you know, people are less considerate now, especially the young ones. They speak in whispers all the time! If you ask them to speak up they just keep repeating themselves, endlessly mouthing the same silent message until they're red in the face! What do they think I am, a lip reader?

I also think they are much younger than I was at the same age. On the other hand, people my own age are so much older than I am. I ran into an old friend the other day and she has aged so much that she didn't even recognize me.

I got to thinking about the poor dear while I was combing my hair this morning, and in doing so, I glanced at my own refection.........Well, REALLY NOW- even mirrors are not made the way they used to be!

Another thing, everyone drives so fast these days! You're risking life and limb if you happen to pull onto the freeway in front of them.. All I can say is, their brakes must wear out awfully fast, the way I see them screech and swerve in my rear view mirror.

Clothing manufacturers are less civilized these days. Why else would they suddenly start labeling a size 10 or 12 dress as 18 or 20? Do they think no one notices that these things no longer fit around the waist, hips, thighs, etc.?

The people who make bathroom scales are pulling the same prank, but in reverse. Do they think I actually "believe" the number I see on that dial? HA! I would never let myself weigh that much! Just who do these people think they're fooling?

I'd like to call up someone in authority to report what's going on -- but the telephone company is in on the conspiracy too: they've printed the phone books in such small type that no one could ever find a number in here!

All I can do is pass along this warning: We are under attack! Unless something drastic happens, pretty soon everyone will have to suffer these awful indignities.

PS: I am sending this to you in a larger font size, because something has caused my computer's fonts to be smaller than they once were.

Now....Pat! I've been trying to keep all of this a secret. But I keep forgetting what it is that I'm trying to remember to not tell....or something like that. LOL Thank you for the smiles.

that Stairs are getting steeper Groceries are heavier And, everything is farther away.. Yesterday I walked to the corner and I was dumbfounded to discover how long my street had become!

And, you know, people are less considerate now, especially the young ones. They speak in whispers all the time! If you ask them to speak up they just keep repeating themselves, endlessly mouthing the same silent message until they're red in the face! What do they think I am, a lip reader?

I also think they are much younger than I was at the same age. On the other hand, people my own age are so much older than I am. I ran into an old friend the other day and she has aged so much that she didn't even recognize me.

I got to thinking about the poor dear while I was combing my hair this morning, and in doing so, I glanced at my own refection.........Well, REALLY NOW- even mirrors are not made the way they used to be!

Another thing, everyone drives so fast these days! You're risking life and limb if you happen to pull onto the freeway in front of them.. All I can say is, their brakes must wear out awfully fast, the way I see them screech and swerve in my rear view mirror.

Clothing manufacturers are less civilized these days. Why else would they suddenly start labeling a size 10 or 12 dress as 18 or 20? Do they think no one notices that these things no longer fit around the waist, hips, thighs, etc.?

The people who make bathroom scales are pulling the same prank, but in reverse. Do they think I actually "believe" the number I see on that dial? HA! I would never let myself weigh that much! Just who do these people think they're fooling?

I'd like to call up someone in authority to report what's going on -- but the telephone company is in on the conspiracy too: they've printed the phone books in such small type that no one could ever find a number in here!

All I can do is pass along this warning: We are under attack! Unless something drastic happens, pretty soon everyone will have to suffer these awful indignities.

PS: I am sending this to you in a larger font size, because something has caused my computer's fonts to be smaller than they once were.

So funny you mentioned meeting an old friend and "she didn't recognize you because SHE had aged so much", not sure if this was a joke or not, but I'm still laughing over it. I'm convinced my street is much longer than when I moved in here 5 years ago, and yes the bags of groceries are much heavier, but I think it's the darn clerks fault who is loading the bags. I also think all these young whippersnappers talk in code or too low for us to hear just to irritate us. Of course in my town 3/4 is Mexican and I have no idea if they are saying hello or go to hell to me...so it doesn't really matter much. I just give them a friendly nod and go on my way. Now why on earth do people move to the U.S. and are here for years and they either choose not to speak English or they didn't learn. That irritates me to no end. I'm convinced they are merely trying to befuddle me moreso than I already am. People also seem to honk a lot at me when I'm driving. I wonder if I'm too slow or too fast or just normally erratic. I've never had a ticket, but that's probably because I never go fast enough. I'm so glad that I can relate to someone this well on the forum. I thought for awhile I was simply losing my mind :)

I agree with DonnaB. It must be a Conspiracy! Thanks Pat for putting a smile on my face as you often do.

Awwww Pat you always seem to suprize me... but even though I am still young.. I agree with all that has been said.. and its all so true. Thanks for the good hummor in it all.

I ran into an old friend the other day and she has aged so much that she didn't even recognize me.

I had to read this 3, again THREE, times for it to make sense. I get it now, it must be that conspiracy thing!! :yield: A lot of truths spoken here.

~Doty~ Huge laugh...:pound:...you are too funny.

People also seem to honk a lot at me when I'm driving. I wonder if I'm too slow or too fast or just normally erratic. I've never had a ticket, but that's probably because I never go fast enough.