Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got My June Surgery Date!!

I started to look in to Slimband over a year ago but chicken out do to cost and lack of knowledge.My best friend looked in to the band more recently and she ended up booking. She rekindeled my interest and I started researching again and got approval for financing (I'm in Canada so I'm self-pay).. I've done a lotof research and decided I wanted to the band but was still a little hesitant to book.

Today I took my friend to her slimband surgery and the staff were excellent and the clinic was very nice. I got a chance to meet the surgeons and anestheologist (sp?). I took the plunge and booked my surgery while I was waiting. All the papers are signed and the appointment is booked for June 22nd!!! They had plenty of appointments before that but I work FT shift work and am not entitled to vacation so it was difficult for me.

Now I'm sitting here freaking myself out. I'm excited but I'd feel better if i had the full suport of my family. My Husband is supportive of me and will help me but he feels it is a waste of money and is too risky. I've explained the pros and the reasons why I feel it is the right decision for me. he's still not on board. My Mum supports my decision either way but wont really talk to me about it and I know not to even tell my Dad. I'm glaf I'm going to have the support of my best friend and hopefully some more support from my husband.

I start my pre-op June 12th for 10 days before my surgery.

I know it's a while away but I am looking forward to meeting more June Bandsters!

btw, my friend is doing VERY well. She was wide awake whne they let her out of recovery. She said she doesn't 'hurt' shes just uncomfortable. I'm excited to see how her recovery goes. :)

Hi AlleyKat,

I'm scheduled for June 21 and like you, totally freaked out about surgery! SERIOUSLY freaked out. I just keep reminding myself that I'm more freaked out about...high blood pressure, diabetes, heart attack, and early death due to obesity - all which run in my family. I want to see my kids and grand-kids grow up, so I'll suck it up and do this thing.That prevents me from canceling. Hang in there fellow June banster. You aren't alone and I'm sure that by July we will only regret not doing this sooner.

Hi Momof3!

Thanks for your response, I'm happy to have 'met' a fellow June bandster!

I have a lot of gamily history with heart disease, diabities, strokes, kidney problems, joint problems etc. I know that's not the lif I want for myself. my doctor has warned me that is the direction I am heading in and that I MUST lose weight.

Goodluck on your journey!!

My surgery is scheduled for June 13th. I'm more excited than scared and can hardly wait for June to get here. Good luck to all the June Bandsters!

I just got my June 7 th surgery date. I start my three week per op diet on Wednesday May 16 th. three weeks of no food is scary but I have been working toward this for over a year. sleep studies and CPap machines and diets and heart exams and blood tests and psych appointments etc. I'm so ready!!!!

Sombra1718 - congrats on your date. June 7th will be here before you know it. June is going to be a great month!

Thanks :) I am so thankful to have so many peers. Without you all I feel like I would be completely alone.