Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To Group

WandaO
Sign in to follow this  

Hello everyone! My name is Wanda and I'm new to the group and this site for that matter :) I was banded on May 2nd so I'm officially one week out! I think I had a really easy post-op experience and haven't had any pain meds since Friday morning. I also never had gas pains that some complain about. Just feeling very fortunate that things went smoothly.

I live in NY and have a 6 year old daughter named Catherine. My husband is a Major in the US Army and we are stationed at the West Point Military Academy for one more year. I'm a stay at home mom that homeschools and so my days are busy teaching my daughter. Which scares me that I won't find the time to exercise the way I should.

Excited for the future and especially excited to share my journey with everyone that started this path at the same. I have alot of faith that this will help me achive my goals. My husband and I have been struggling with infertillity and this is the last thing that I can think to do. Hoping that weight loss will give my body enough of a kick that the unthinkable could happen.

Can't wait to get to know all of you!!! Wanda

weight.png

Welcome Wanda! Glad to hear your surgery went well and recovery was easy. My surgery is scheduled for the 16th. I'm 7 days into my pre-op. I cant wait to get this journey started and we all started shedding the pounds. I'm from Texas, so very nice to meet you!

Welcome Wanda! Glad your surgery went well, I hope mine go well like yours. While your weight loss will give you a kick in your body, Lets all here in our group" May Blooming Bandsters" put it in the universe that what you desire for your family will come true, if you believe and it's meant to be. The kick should not only be in your body but in your mind and spirit too. To let you know that you should relax and let go and give it to God.

* I know you didn't ask for my 2 cents, but I had to write what I'm hearing in my spirit to say. Be Blessed

@MandaElaine Texas girl how is your pre-op diet going? I start mine tomorrow. Preparing for this surgery is not easy. Mentally, Physically, and financially. Reading all this material I was given and spending hours aday on the internet doing my research on Lapband. I tell you it's draining. What gets me is all the different rules and regulations from different doctors. Plus trying to find the right Vitamins and Protein Shakes and just shopping for all that is needed. Going on youtube to find out about a product and one person likes it and swears it's good. Then another swears it's nasty. So I came to the conclusion that it's Trial and Error and money will be wasted on products I don't like. Any way I just felt like venting so you happen to be the one. LOL

Hey Manda take one for the team

@eyewonder - had you asked me how my pre-op diet was going a week ago I would have probably broke down in tears. I cant lie the first couple of days were horrible, but now 9 days in, it's not so bad. The hunger wasnt as big of an issue as my mental hunger was. Fighting myself mentally was hard, I never realized how stubborn I am (LOL). Sorry lack of carbs is making me crazy. Yea its going to be a lot of trial and error. I currently like the powder proten, I have Body Fortress in vanilla and it's good for mixing with fruits and what not. I also use skim milk, because cutting it with Water just doesnt work for me. I was ranting yesterday about stressing over the pain after surgery so i'll take one for the team today.

@Manda What goes around comes around (for the team) LOL. I was thinking about buying Body Fortress in vanilla, but I was wondering if it was nasty or not. Or should I say distasteful. How many scoops and how much milk do you use? and what fruits do you like best in it. I'm going to Walmart in 2 days so please get back with me

Everyone have a great weekend, think positive and don't let anyone discourage you, with their negativity.

Hi Wanda! It's so nice to meet you. I was only banded on 5/8 but the people here have been a great support. We can all do this together.

I've been feeling great since Friday. Went on a hike Saturday and Sunday with my family and I barely got back to the car on Sunday. I got a stich in my side which made it difficult to climb the last hill. Only issue I'm really having is that I haven't lost any weight since Thursday. Kind of freaking out about it all. I have lost 11lbs. since my surgery 12 days ago but, most of that was in the first 5 days. Any early banders having the same issue? I know its almost a pound a day but when you go 7 days without eating and you only lose 2 lbs its a little scary. Alot of "What have I done!!!!". Just glad to meet everyone and have a place to vent worry and frustration.

weight.png

I did that too. Lost a 11 pounds before surgery and 3 after but havnt really lost anything after! I was kind of nervous but I went to the dr last Thursday and they said it was normal and I would plateau. That I had to watch because sooner or later I would start become hungry and I needed to keep what I eat under control and follow diet so I didn't regain

That makes me feel be better! Thanks.

I've been feeling great since Friday. Went on a hike Saturday and Sunday with my family and I barely got back to the car on Sunday. I got a stich in my side which made it difficult to climb the last hill. Only issue I'm really having is that I haven't lost any weight since Thursday. Kind of freaking out about it all. I have lost 11lbs. since my surgery 12 days ago but, most of that was in the first 5 days. Any early banders having the same issue? I know its almost a pound a day but when you go 7 days without eating and you only lose 2 lbs its a little scary. Alot of "What have I done!!!!". Just glad to meet everyone and have a place to vent worry and frustration.

weight.png

I did the same thing also. Lost 10 lbs before surgery, lost 10 lbs my 1st week and now It's been another week with nothing lost. My first week I thought oh my I'm losing to much to fast and I'm going to be really flabby and of course I start to worry and lose nothing now. Ok I'm so sorry I even thought that, Now can I please start losing agiain. JUst trying to talk my body back into the lose lose stage! ha ha

Me too. I lost 20 lbs on the pre op diet. I am trying to avoid looking at the scale, but as of my one week check up I hadn't lost anything more. Guess I'm not surprised cuz I feel very bloated, and am not able to eat normal or exercise yet.

My surgeon said not to try and lose weight the first 6 weeks or beat myself up. That will come!