Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op,surgery Is April 24Th,scared

im latisa and i made the great but scary decision to get the lap band. i am 29 and weigh 347 and have so many health problems associated with my weight. i am sick and tired of being the fat mom of people saying she has a pretty face but is fat.i want my outside to match my inside. i have negative ppl in my life that has tried to get me to change my mind about this but im not im doing this for me and for my kids.. ive been fat as long as i an remember and i have this huge love affair/addiction to food that being said my 2 week pre op diet has NOT went very well,ive cheated and feel immense guilt over it,im just hoping they will still do it with my fat liver in the way.lol.. im also going to ask my surgeon about a plication thingy,lol... any input wud be geatly appreciated

I had my surgery in 2010. It was a decision I do not regret at all!!! I weighed almost 400 pounds had to loose 20 before surgery and now 2 years later I have lost 100 it's been very slow but that is the best was. Good luck on your surgery!!!

ty so much

This is the hardest part. The pre-op stuff. Because you CAN eat. And you believe that soon you won't be able to. So you want to even more.

But here's the thing, I keep reading this over and over and over again... You WILL be able to eat afterwards. And it's possible that you'll even be able to eat anything you could eat before—only in smaller portions.

You're not alone. I was banded 3 days ago and was petrified leading up to it. I'm also a food addict, and it's TERRIFYING knowing that you're about to cut off your "supply" to your drug... But you know what? I'm doing ok. I don't really crave anything right now. I've had a popsicle, I've had a couple of lollypops, and a lot of tea, and a lot of Soup, and I wonder if I'm drinking too much... But I'm really ok. This isn't too much. It doesn't feel overwhelming now that I've done it.

Just get through this hard part (anticipation) and get over to the other side. You'll be fine... But you have to get here!! Don't cheat so much that the doctors won't do the surgery!

Just try to be a robot for a few more days, do what you're supposed to do, and you'll be fine!!!!

And post here if you feel like you can't handle it. We're here for you.

I will be praying for you and best of luck. I will be honest and say I had doubts right up to them wheeling me into OR. Here I am 6 days later and have absolute no regrets. You should be proud that you honor yourself enough to do this. Keep telling yourself this is worth it and you have the opportunity now for a healthier and happier future. Keep me posted as to how you go.

This is the hardest part. The pre-op stuff. Because you CAN eat. And you believe that soon you won't be able to. So you want to even more.

But here's the thing, I keep reading this over and over and over again... You WILL be able to eat afterwards. And it's possible that you'll even be able to eat anything you could eat before—only in smaller portions.

You're not alone. I was banded 3 days ago and was petrified leading up to it. I'm also a food addict, and it's TERRIFYING knowing that you're about to cut off your "supply" to your drug... But you know what? I'm doing ok. I don't really crave anything right now. I've had a popsicle, I've had a couple of lollypops, and a lot of tea, and a lot of Soup, and I wonder if I'm drinking too much... But I'm really ok. This isn't too much. It doesn't feel overwhelming now that I've done it.

Just get through this hard part (anticipation) and get over to the other side. You'll be fine... But you have to get here!! Don't cheat so much that the doctors won't do the surgery!

Just try to be a robot for a few more days, do what you're supposed to do, and you'll be fine!!!!

And post here if you feel like you can't handle it. We're here for you.

Sasha pretty much hit the nail on the head. I am 5 days post op and a terrible food addict. So far no cravings or desire to really eat at this point although I must admit the KFC and BK commercials are starting to get to me a bit. I feel great but I must admit the gas pains were rough and I had bouts of diarrhea (sorry for the TMI) but it appears that has all passed (no pun intended) now.

You can do this!! Use this group and don't be afraid to post anything that's on your mind. Good luck.

ty jim, i love this site,it has been so great to talk to ppl where i am and where im going to be,u guys r a Godsend.. ty

Congrats on your decision to change your life! I'm 3 months out and have lost 48lbs. I started at 316lb. My surgeon didn't require a pre-0p diet but I put myself on one anyway. I was 311lb going into surgery. Just remember, the band is a TOOL. You WILL be able to still eat things. Like the brownie I just had a little bit ago. The old me would have beat myself up about eating it, but now, after my 3rd fill (4cc total), I'm doing well with food choices and the portion I can eat. Do I treat myself everyonce in a while? YES! This has slowly become a lifestyle change for me which is what I needed help with to begin with. You will do fine. Just know you have to do the work. It won't do it for you. Funny, the cravings for me stopped when I started feeding my body the right things. Best of luck for you all! Keep us posted.