Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there, I was banded 6/30/11 and went from 267 to 208, but now Im stuck. I cant seem to lose anymore and I think it has to do with falling off the band wagon :( I cant seem to keep up with the one hour exercise routine that is required by my dr. My weak point is diet coke and I think its stalled me. I need motivation, please help. thank you :)

Hi, I am new here and did not know that we are not supposed to drink soda but now I know! In regards to the exercise, I was 360lbs. at my largest and putting on my work shoes was the most exercise I got in one day. After the surgery I just focused on one day at a time starting with walking. In the beginning it was a chore to exercise because I knew it was something that had to be done to get where I wanted to go. I was focused on the end point of my journey, or the light at the end of the tunnel. I only thought about what I wanted to look and feel like at the end of my journey and I soon started to give up because it seemed so far away and unattainable. And then somehow I changed the way I looked at it. Instead of being focussed on the end point, I fell in love with the journey itself. The endpoint will come when it does. I began to work out and exercise because I wanted to. Try and fall in love with the journey (exercise) and not the end point! I hope that helped and I am sorry if it didn't.

thank you, that is a great way of looking at it....fall in love with exercising is a awesome idea. instead of looking at the end results fall in love with exercising may work. thank you very very very much

• Maybe try something completely new..
  • Have you considered swimming, Uni cycling, Rugby, TaeKnownDo?

You shouldn't up on yourself. Remember this. You are simply adding years to your life. Thats always awesome.

I know what you are going through. I started out at 276 and have been bouncing between 222-226 for the past 4 months. It's because I am not as strict. I won't give up. Each day is a learning experience. My weakness is sweets. I have to battle the earge daily. Yesterday I failed but today I will conquer. Take on each day and don't focus on the whole picture. I have 1 month till my bandiversary and my goal is to lose 6 lbs. You can do it! Its hard but get back on the journey. You don't have to be perfect. Just put forth a little more effort.

Amen

I will have to say this is the BEST quote I have EVER seen: Yesterday I failed but today I will conquer

Kimmiepoo38 you are my new inspiration...

for anyone that would like to see my progress you can always find me on facebook: jnbdavies@msn.com

Jennifer Bauch-Davies

One day at a time. Hate to point out the obvious but get rid of the diet coke!!!!!! I was naughty and drank diet soda for a long time. I found when I gave it up I dropped weight so much faster! I find when I stray back to my pop habit I slow my weight loss big time. So tea is my drink of choice now. Occassionally I have a pop, like a couple of times a month, but for the most part I stay clear of it.

One day at a time. Hate to point out the obvious but get rid of the diet coke!!!!!! I was naughty and drank diet soda for a long time. I found when I gave it up I dropped weight so much faster! I find when I stray back to my pop habit I slow my weight loss big time. So tea is my drink of choice now. Occassionally I have a pop, like a couple of times a month, but for the most part I stay clear of it.

you are such an inspiration to me right now. I have been shifting through your pictures...your so beautiful. you have come along way; my pictures were taken on my birthday may 4th 2011...I hope I can pull this off...you look great. we will see and yes diet coke is evil. Im addicted...so it looks like tomorrow starts anew challege for me (drinking coolaide) I hate tea and coffee so Im screwed for caffeene. I can do this...look out for new pictures next month, may 4th is a special day...I would like to go get a new dress and feel awesome in it :) thank you again

Try crystal light..so many flavors, and tastes good. No sugar and little or no calories.

I was addicted to diet coke before I was banded also. I used to drink a 12 pack a day, plus 1-2 32oz fountain ones from Wawa. The week before surgery,I was only allowed to drink Water and shakes from the dr's office, and after surgery I was too swollen and nauseous to stomach much. So I tried a diet coke again , having none for about 3 wks, and it tasted so gross to me. I can't drink it at all anymore. Give yourself a break from it, and in time, you won't want it anymore. The first week without it was hard, but after that,I didn't miss it at all

Yeah you gotta break the diet coke habit! I stopped buying it all together, I only have Crystal Lite, bottled Water or Powerade Zero in my house. Also in regards to the excercise start off slow, and work your way up to an hour. For example, when I started working out again Mondays I would do 30 minutes, Tuesdays 40 minutes, Wednesdays 45 minutes, Thursdays 50 minutes and Fridays 60 minutes. Honestly I have totally fallen off the wagon in regards to excercise but I do walk at least two miles a day to and from my job and the train station which is a total of 40 minutes a day, but if I hit a plateau, I'm def going to the gym as well.

Good luck with everything and keep up the good work! :)

I think the idea of giving up my diet dr. Pepper is what held me back for so long. I love my sodas. I am in my dr. Supervised wl part. One of my first goals is to limit myself to one soda a day. The first week it was very hard, but it has gotten a little easier. Last week I only had two. I really like the mio drink mixes, especially the tea version. In fact I will mix the tea and orange or cherry which is really good. But ther are days when I really want that soda. When it gets bad I tell myself to wait 30 minutes and if the craving is still really bad then I will have one. So far that has really helped.

I think the idea of giving up my diet dr. Pepper is what held me back for so long. I love my sodas. I am in my dr. Supervised wl part. One of my first goals is to limit myself to one soda a day. The first week it was very hard' date=' but it has gotten a little easier. Last week I only had two. I really like the mio drink mixes, especially the tea version. In fact I will mix the tea and orange or cherry which is really good. But ther are days when I really want that soda. When it gets bad I tell myself to wait 30 minutes and if the craving is still really bad then I will have one. So far that has really helped.[/quote']

Is it the flavor of the diet dp that you are craving or just the fact that it's a soda? I know some people think its gross but my doctor says that if you are really craving it you should get a can or glass and let it go flat and then drink it. That's always worked for me, or to replace my soda I drink a diet low cal cherry limeade from sonic. Yum!

It is a combination of flavor and bubbles. I'm not a big fan of flat soda. Right now I am doing the mios and that is helping. I have been told to freeze a soda and then blend it like a slushy, I might try that if I am desperate.