Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not New But Needing Support

Hi!!

I had my first lap band surgery in Feb '08.....I loved my band instantly and I call her lola. 12 months later I had lost over 50kg and I was feeling amazing, until I was assaulted at work and my world fell apart......I had broken wrist, extensive bruising all over my body and I felt horrible...I was throwing up alot due to the trauma on my stomach and I realised lola had slipped.....On the 24th of March I had my surgery for the slippage....all went well but I was in hospital a day longer due to extreme pain that I hadn't felt with the first band.

2009 was a hell year for my family.....my son who was 7 at the time was hospitalised due to several suicide attempts (he has several complex disabilities) I was in and out of hospital with my band, my beloved grandfather passed away in May. I broke my ankle and spent 5 months in a wheel chair as my wrist never healed. I had 2 surgeries for my wrist and I have been left with permanent damage and alot of daily pain. I also happen to be left handed. In November my nanny left us to be with my poppa and I all of a sudden became the head of the family, looking after my parents, my brother, my 2 children and my husband.....There was just no time for me.

I have PTSD and Agoraphobia from the assault and I am currently 183kg after reaching 149kg in Feb '09. I finally have gone to have several adjustments, but this time round it is so different. I am home all the time, I am down alot, I am caring for my whole family and I am exhausted BUT I decided that now is the time I should do something for me!! sooooooooooo I am not back at my starting weight of 209kg so I am proud of me for that. MY band is really tight in the morning and as the day progresses I can eat more. I am finding around once a month my band tightens up alot....and I have researched and it seems Fluid retention and my cycle could be the reason for that....I am going to persevere with the heart burn n sipping fluid for the next few days. I really don't want to get fill taken out of the band!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better and FX I am finally on my way to becoming the butterfly I want to be!!

OMG

That is one hell of a lot that you have been through. Congrats on surviving and coming out the other side. I hope that things start improving soon and that you are finally able to focus on you and your health.

Lots of support here whenever you need it.

All the best. :)

Seven years ago I lost 80 pounds on my own and was at my personal goal. Then I was diagnosed with cancer. I fell apart and put all the weight back on plus some. Today I am cancer free and I am working on getting the weight off again with the help of the lap band. We have to learn from the past and look forward to the future. Good luck to the both of us.

Hi Ky,

You most be a very strong women to juggle that many responsibilities. Your family is very lucky to have you. I know the last few years have been rough and Im glad to see you have come though....brusied and scared....but survived. I always tell my kids if it doesn't kill you, it will make you a stronger person.....and I bet the same is true for you. It can' get any worse than you have already been through, so the only way left is up. I applaud you for taking control back and putting yourself first again. It is hard for us women to do that....we always put our husband, kids, parents, work...EVERYTHING ahead of ourselves...it has taken my a long time to realize, that I need to come first sometimes.....and when I take care of myself.....everyone else reaps the benefits too.

Hang in there KY....plug back into the lapband site and continue to make yourself over again. If you ever need to talk please feel free to inbox message me.

God Bless You

thank you so much elcee!! xoxox

simsuss!! wishing you so much joy and happiness for the future......Cancer is a true b***h and I am so so so glad you are cancer free!!! good luck on your journey!! xoxox

waiting patiently...Thank you so very much....We have been battered the last 3 years as a family....My compensation claim is coming up for its first conference on the 24th of July....so that is finally on its way and soon We should be financially free and I can start my studies again.

I really needed to come back in, to admit my issues and to get the support...so thank you all so very very much and I look forward to getting to know you all

xoxo

Hi

I just read your story and want to tell you how much it touched me! That is a lot for anyone to handle!!! Good for you for getting back on top of it!!!!you are impressive!!!!!!!!! I am sure you will succeed!

Thanks iriegirl!! I really appreciate it. I know others have been through alot more than I have...I just needed to get it out and write it down I guess....I know I cant succeed without the support in here I am so happy to be back!!!! :)