Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i have these 2 workout videos

and was wondering if I could possibly hurt myself

or appliances if I did workouts like this.

I was in the service so I know I am capable of doing it but afraid of making something break or burst.

Has anyone attempted these workout videos?

Anyone in the 90602 in California who would be willing to join me for some kick ass workouts in home or at 24 hour fitness?!

Hey girl when did you have your band put in?? Cuz I am 2 weeks out and just started exercising a couple of days ago. I would try it and see how it goes for you...you should know it if its too much.....like if it bothers your port area or something. But my surgeon did tell me that even the most vigorous of exercises will not disrupt the port site. I hope that is true...my incisions are still healing so I do hurt a little when I push too hard...but I know I will be fine once time goes on...I just really wanna get the exercise going you know? I do Walk Away The Pounds and while it is a lot milder than insanity or px90...it kicks my butt! And I keep it moving ...try my best to do 5 miles a day!

Hey girl when did you have your band put in?? Cuz I am 2 weeks out and just started exercising a couple of days ago. I would try it and see how it goes for you...you should know it if its too much.....like if it bothers your port area or something. But my surgeon did tell me that even the most vigorous of exercises will not disrupt the port site. I hope that is true...my incisions are still healing so I do hurt a little when I push too hard...but I know I will be fine once time goes on...I just really wanna get the exercise going you know? I do Walk Away The Pounds and while it is a lot milder than insanity or px90...it kicks my butt! And I keep it moving ...try my best to do 5 miles a day!

Nice to see someone else here does Walk Away the Pounds. I alternate days from the 4 mile video to treadmill and elliptical 3-4 times a week. It's a nice mix and change as well as incorporating different muscles doing her video. So far, I'm up to 3 miles but will probably finish 4 miles today. I also have her 5 mile video. For those who wonder how you can get a good workout from a walking video/DVD, like you said here, she does kick your butt! Time to get into my gym clothes and get walking!

Im a month out (Jan 18) and feel great Im back to actually running! Feels great! Just when I do things like a hanging pull up (not really a pull up, just hanging and shruggin my shoulders trying to build the strength again.) But it hurts my stomach like Im pulling something and it hurts. So Im wondering if exercise like that would be good and challenging or damaging. Guess its a Dr kinda question. Was just wondering if any banders have done it.

Ask your doctor! I've done the Insanity dvds but waited until my doctor gave me clearance which was like 6 weeks after but all doctors are different.

On the other hand, those insanity dvds really kick my but and make me sweat like nothing else. Good luck!

No abdominal exercises or weight lifting until 6 weeks I was told but of course every doctor seems to be different. I am itching to get started on something too but only 2 weeks in. The walking DVDs seem interesting.

Violet, you got me thinking this morning after reading your post here. I decided to work with the 5 mile DVD instead of the 4 mile one. The 5 mile one is a little more advanced and I got to finish 3 miles. Was hoping to do the 4 mile but decided, I'm older, I'm wiser and listen to my body. Give me some time, I'll do that and then onto the 5 mile finish. It was a great workout. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hey Meredith! I LOVE doing Walk Away The Pounds! I love Leslie! My mom got me her VHS tapes years ago and I lost 20 pounds then doing it...mind you I was a lot thinner and younger...but it still made me loose today just as good maybe even better. I think the five mile is the best because its nice and fast pace...and you can do as many miles as you want....I try my darn best to aim to do the whole five miles but sometimes I just do two or three from that one. I feel like, once I get through the first 2 miles, why not keep going and finish the rest? I think the first 2 miles are the hardest when I'm not into working out on certain days, but it gives me the motivation to keep going and do more and more...whats another 20 minutes you know? That's how I see it. I just did 2 miles of the five mile DVD tonight, I would have done more but I have an awful yeast infection right now and it was bothering me. I try to do this every single day, and feel very guilty if there is a day that I don't get it done. Plus it makes me feel good during and afterwards, makes me feel alive! I'm gonna add you as a buddy now! :)

i do the insanity sometimes an i feel fine. just listen t your body. but the excercise wont cause ur band to slip.

I would not recommend starting a high impact exercise so soon. Your joints are not used to it, its just like conditioning your heart for cardio. Also check with your dr. I know my Dr said no cardio for a month besides walking of course.

So i have these 2 workout videos

and was wondering if I could possibly hurt myself

or appliances if I did workouts like this.

I was in the service so I know I am capable of doing it but afraid of making something break or burst.

Has anyone attempted these workout videos?

Anyone in the 90602 in California who would be willing to join me for some kick ass workouts in home or at 24 hour fitness?!

Nice to see other service members on here :). I started insanity and it's not easy but doesn't bother my port at all