Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is Your Workout Routine???

I have been banded for a month now. I am only doing walking. I am wanting to get an idea of how others do their workouts. Like how many times a week, and how long?? What do you do?? Weights, cardo, walking, biking, treadmill or what??? I know everyone is different but, I want to get ideas to make sure I make the best out of all my workouts.

Monday to friday i get up at 5.15 and either run (about an hour, 8 kms or so) or goto a spin class. Tuesday and thursday nights i go to body pump. Thevweekend usually involves at least one long walk, and saturday is usually a non exercise day.

I walk on the elliptical, hike, or walk usually 2 to 4 times a week. Just recently started to add strength training to the mix. Trying to do at least 3 days a week of weights! Good luck! Hope this helps!

I go to the Health Club when I can, which is about 5 times a week, 3 of which is at 5:30am when they open

I do 1 hour on the elliptical, 30 minutes steady state with Steve Miller Music, then 30 minutes of the Cardio Coach routine.

Then a few times a week I go through the weights machines doing 2 reps of 12.

I'm starting to gt into kettle weights but I need some instruction for a full routine.

Then I spend 30 minutes in the Sauna, then 15 minutes in the Whirlpool. Finally a shower.

They have an indoor olympic size pool, and I have everything I need to get started, I just never have.

My wife does Water aerobics.

i am just two outs from surgery and i got approval to go back to the gym and i do Water aerobics, and will do 4 nights a week for at least an hour each day ...

I go to the Health Club when I can, which is about 5 times a week, 3 of which is at 5:30am when they open

I do 1 hour on the elliptical, 30 minutes steady state with Steve Miller Music, then 30 minutes of the Cardio Coach routine.

Then a few times a week I go through the weights machines doing 2 reps of 12.

I'm starting to gt into kettle weights but I need some instruction for a full routine.

Then I spend 30 minutes in the Sauna, then 15 minutes in the Whirlpool. Finally a shower.

They have an indoor olympic size pool, and I have everything I need to get started, I just never have.

My wife does Water aerobics.

Thanks everyone!!! B-52 I love that you do a "steady" state with Steve Miller :) That is exactly what I need. I have a playlist that I call "pump it up" it is for my cardio and a faster pace on the elipitcal and bike. I need to make a "steady" playlist. I sometimes get bored it I just do the samething over and over so I want to change it up each day and keep it interesting.

I ususally do Water aerobics on Saturday or Sunday when my mom goes to the gym. It's our workout hang out time. :) I just got to figure out when to go before or after work.

Thanks everyone!!! B-52 I love that you do a "steady" state with Steve Miller smile.png That is exactly what I need. I have a playlist that I call "pump it up" it is for my cardio and a faster pace on the elipitcal and bike. I need to make a "steady" playlist. I sometimes get bored it I just do the samething over and over so I want to change it up each day and keep it interesting.

I ususally do Water aerobics on Saturday or Sunday when my mom goes to the gym. It's our workout hang out time. smile.png I just got to figure out when to go before or after work.

Did I say STEVE MILLER? I meant GLENN MILLER!

Seriously, I have tons of music on my I-Touch, but I keep coming back to Steve Miller. It Has to be the LIVE album. It's more upbeat

and it really syncs with what I'm doing on the treadmill.

(that and Led Zepplin)

I also wear BOSE Quiet Comfort headphones, and I am completely oblivious to anything going on around me.

Thank You EVERYONE for sharing your routines this will help me later .....i need to start dowloading music so when i get to finally get out of the pool and work in the gym ...i'm not that techno though ....but i'm sure i'll figure it out ...lol

I am not motivatd at all, last night looked at different gyms in the area to see if I will join and start going. I sorely need an exersice buddy. I do not know if its age, or lack of support or what but from work to home and nothing else unless my grands come to visit, then we are at every park and trail- but alas they are moving much farther away next month. HALP! I am really considering looking for jobs in S. Fla, I find Tampa bay extrememely cold and unfriendly. I think it is one of the reason I gained so much weight- boredom.

I go to Zumba class 5 days a week

Did I say STEVE MILLER? I meant GLENN MILLER!

Seriously, I have tons of music on my I-Touch, but I keep coming back to Steve Miller. It Has to be the LIVE album. It's more upbeat

and it really syncs with what I'm doing on the treadmill.

(that and Led Zepplin)

I also wear BOSE Quiet Comfort headphones, and I am completely oblivious to anything going on around me.

LOL Glenn Miller....laugh.png That is how I am when i get to jammin on the treadmill. It's just me and the music that I am jammin to. Usually Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tom Petty, and some Zepplin in there too. I have a ton of music just need to make me a couple new playlist.

Grinder- You need to find you a workout buddy...or maybe reward yourself for workouts. I am starting a workout jar. For everywork out completed I am going to put a dollar in a jar. Then after six months I am going to buy myself something with the money.

My ipod ran out of charge half way through my run this morning, grrrrrr.

I would DIE if anyone every found my ipod dropped in the street and listened to it, lol. I actually like to listen to the Best of Wham when I run, its like an 80's revivial party!. Old 80's aerobics dance mixes are good too. Ipods are so wonderful, you can listen to the most embarrassing, daggiest music that you wouldnt be caught dead with playing audibly in your house or car.

I dont know why they never took off in the US, too Aussie pub rock I think, but you guys just dont know the joys of some loud Cold Chisel!

I walk, cycle or swim five or six mornings a week for at least 40 minutes. With my riding, I try to ride to work twice a week so that means riding home as well, round trip of 56km. Finding/making time to exercise is getting easier now that we are empty nesters. We don't find ourselves thinking we need to stay or rush home because we haven't seen our son since last night etc.

My big passion is rock n roll dancing and although it's been a bit quiet on that front over the summer (downunder), we'll be back to lessons soon and then that will be at least one, usually two evenings per week.

The strange part is how much I miss it if I miss an exercise session. Yesterday I was off work with a dose of the gastro but my husband came home to find me on the exercise bike!

I do zumba at home- time to start looking to see where i can go with others. Going to busch gardens this weeken just to walk.. and walk. I must move!