Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self pay / How much?

Evening all,

I found out my insurance will NOT pay. What should I expect to pay? Thank you all you give me hope:hungry:

~Oregon

Really depends on a lot. Some US doctors range between 12k all the way to 40k. If you go outside of the US you are looking anywhere from 5k to 13k from what I have seen. Some of these include after care, some don't. It all depends on what you are looking for in a surgeon, and how much aftercare you want included.

Yeah that part surpised me!! They may have a package price, but they require a bunch of stuff not included in the package amount, and that can add thousands!

My dr is charging $8000 and that includes everything but airfare. Fills are free for life if I go back to MX, but I can also go to a doctor he recommends here in Tampa for their small fill fee. If I go to Mexico I stay at the guest house free of charge. So my only out of pocket is the airfare plus $8k, plus (at the worst) any other airfare to MX, which I look at as a great vacation LOL

$12,800 in the Seattle area. Includes hospital (overnight stay), anesthesia, Dr., assistant surgeon, three months of post-op visits for free and one free fill. Fills afterward are around $195.

I am also a self pay. I live in AZ so Mexico is close. I went to Mexicali (2 hr east of San Diego, 1 hour west of Yma, AZ) and paid $8200. I was very pleased with my surgeon and my experience. I am able to travel to his office and back to my home in a day. He does not charge for fills. I only have to pay the xray charge when I fill. Last time it was $67. I feel this is a reald bargin. I also know many people go to Monterrey, Mex as this is a dbig medical school/specialty area. There are supposed to be mandy fine surgeons there who charege more or less what I paid. Email me privately if you want more info (I do not work for any doc or surgical center).

When I talked to my doctor in TN, they said $17,500 which included fills for the 1st year. After I caught my breath I thought, 6 months of doctor

monitored diet is not that long!!!

:faint:

I am also a self pay. I live in AZ so Mexico is close. I went to Mexicali (2 hr east of San Diego, 1 hour west of Yma, AZ) and paid $8200. I was very pleased with my surgeon and my experience. I am able to travel to his office and back to my home in a day. He does not charge for fills. I only have to pay the xray charge when I fill. Last time it was $67. I feel this is a reald bargin. I also know many people go to Monterrey, Mex as this is a dbig medical school/specialty area. There are supposed to be mandy fine surgeons there who charege more or less what I paid. Email me privately if you want more info (I do not work for any doc or surgical center).
thats really great.

I live in Southern Oregon and I chose to go with Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco for my surgery and I will get my fills at there satellite office in Chico, CA which is about 2 hours away from me. I am a self pay and will be paying $14,000 and that is for the surgeon, 1 night hospital stay, anesthesia and includes 1 year of office visits and one year of fills. They have a 5 year plan for $16,500. I belive it is alittle cheaper with them if you have the surgery at there day surgery center but it depends on your health and if you have any special needs.

I also know there is a Dr. Mirandi in Klamath Falls who does Lap Band and Dr. Tersigni in Coos Bay.

Hope this helps.

Too bloody much in Idaho ;)

I believe the booklet price is $19,500 but that doesn't include pre-op tests and the local doc's demand a sleep study.

All told we're up to at least $25K (including a rather amusing $1500 additional bill for the anaesthetist's nurse).

I paid $7000 in 2004 for an all inclusive package in Tijuana (surgery, preops, anesthesia, overnight surgery clinic stay, meds, hotel, transportation to and from the clinic/hotel/San Diego airport). No aftercare included, but discounted fills ($150) that I haven't needed yet. I bought my own plane tickets, because the package that included them was $1000 more, and my tickets were only $500. Since Jan of 2005 a passport is now required to get into baja california (mexico). Didn't need one when I went.

US prices have come way down since 2004. I called all over the US for price quotes prebanding... it was outrageous then! Also had to jump through a lot of hoops, evals., tests, etc not included in the package. If your BMI is over 35 Mexico will do it at your request. I do think it would be nice to have a local band doc, just for basic follow up care if nothing else.