Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate my metabolisim this sucks....

I have officially declared war on myself. It's not pretty. Its gonna be bloody and either way I'm gonna be hurt.

Can I say I am hating my lapband, my surgeon, my diet and my stupid stupid body! yeah, total hate fest here. if you cant handle it move on.

Anyhoo...I was banded 09/02/11. I've been dieting, working out. Was instructed by my surgeon that there healing period is one week and I should be losing at least 1-2 lbs a week. I lost 4-5 lbs the first 3 days or so then stopped. The scale has gone up 2lbs and down lbs, but hasnt wavered from the same 2 lbs! I am suppose to be under 1000 calories a day and not to exceed 1200. Fine, I'm not hungry anyway. So i've been eating low carb, low calorie foods. At least 60grams of Protein. I do cardio and weights. Yeah yeah I know muscle weighs more than fat, o.k.

Sooooo on saturday I say forget it. I had a 50 buck gift certificate to a restaurant and went out with my family. I ate till I was stuffed, drank some wine and later ate a small dairy queen blizzard. well well, I hop on the scale the next morning expecting to gain 5lbs. Well to my surprise I lost 4lbs over night?!?!? I dont know where the pounds went or why. So now I'm confused. Normally I cannot lose with 2500 calories and I've tried 1500lbs in the past then once I have a cheat day, BAM! pounds fall off. So am I doomed to do this forever??

I got the lapband to stabilize my weight loss. No tricks or crap like this. This is how it was before the lapband. I am not that hungry. I get a fill tomorrow. I have to force the 1000 calories. What happens with the fill and i'm down to less calories and I have to choke down food to get more calories in order to lose??

Anyone experience this? This is so depressing. I thought starvation mode didnt apply to us?? I'm confused, angry and heartbroken. I dont want the yo-yo- calories and binging every 10 days to lose weight. I felt like crap after I ate so much on saturday.

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulty! I know that you can hit a plateau and it may last a couple weeks, however I have heard that you can increase your calories by Just a little and it should start moving the scales again. If you are doing too much exercise the body is using muscle to systain itself, do I have been told!

I was banded on 8/22 and I lost lost lost. Now I haven't lost nor have I gained in over a week. I've been working out daily and my calories are also under 1000 per day. I'm trying not to get frustrated but deep down inside I am. I was also told I would lose about 2 lbs per week. I"m wondering if this is something that will start happening when I start getting my first fill.

Me too Lisa. I get a fill tomorrow and hope this will awake things up, but the tricking my body to lose sucks. In the past I've upped my calories slighty everytime. Then I got to 2000 a day and then I gained weight. So I cut to 1500. I lost a few pounds then I was stuck for 2 weeks again!! I went up to 1800. I lost a few then started to gain. I dropped to 1100. Lost a few pounds...repeat!!!

I don't want this kinda weight loss. I don't want to obsessed over every calorie I put in my body. I eat clean. Low salt too. No processed foods. No sugar. Low carbs. If I knew I had to pull yo-yo dieting then I wouldn't have gotten a lap band. I want to eat 1000 calories a day. Not force myself to eat more when I'm not hungry.

So I'll see how it goes with the fill but if I'll eat less then I don't see how I'm gonna lose!!!

I've been working out every day. So the one thing I did do is quit weighing myself everyday. I don't blame you for not wanting to do the see saw dieting. My surgeons nurse told me a lot of people get frustrated with the lapband. I'm trying not to be one of those people. I just want things to start moving again. I would be happy with a pound a week right now =)

I got my fill yesterday and I feel fine and fuller. Hopefully I will start losing. A pound a week sounds like heaven! I have lost about 2 lbs since Saturday.

How often are you weighing yourself? From my experience, it will save you a lot of heartache and frustration if you don't weigh yourself more than once a week. Move the scale to a spot where you're not going to be tempted to hop on it so frequently and pick one day a week to pull it out.

Good luck and stick with it, you'll do great!

I have officially declared war on myself. It's not pretty. Its gonna be bloody and either way I'm gonna be hurt.

Can I say I am hating my lapband, my surgeon, my diet and my stupid stupid body! yeah, total hate fest here. if you cant handle it move on.

Anyhoo...I was banded 09/02/10. I've been dieting, working out. Was instructed by my surgeon that there healing period is one week and I should be losing at least 1-2 lbs a week. I lost 4-5 lbs the first 3 days or so then stopped. The scale has gone up 2lbs and down lbs, but hasnt wavered from the same 2 lbs! I am suppose to be under 1000 calories a day and not to exceed 1200. Fine, I'm not hungry anyway. So i've been eating low carb, low calorie foods. At least 60grams of Protein. I do cardio and weights. Yeah yeah I know muscle weighs more than fat, o.k.

Wow can I relate. I was banded 9/22/11 and Ive lost a grand total of 10 pounds and put 6 of it back on. Then I went to Atkins, right? Yeah nada...then this morning it said I lost 6 pounds. Tonight it said I lost none.

Im so sick of this ****. Im seeing a doc about Cushings (Im symptomatic) and if I took the brutal beating at the other support site I left recently and it turns out I have it and THAT's why my bodies a freak...Im going to be pissed. I was told I was closet eating, wasn't exercising etc. You know, you can call me anything but the minute you call me a liar the gloves come off.

My new surgeon wants to wait til November to se if I ned a fill...No-friggin-vember.

Enough about me, I went off on a tangemt. I do understand what you are saying and it is real. I wish I could give you answers but I can say, I understand., Vent as you need

It hasn't even been a month people! This isn't bypass, I am sorry but u r not going to see the weight fall off in days. When I get frustrated I look back over my whole journey, I've lost about 11 a month average, some months were 6 others 14. U have to look @ the big picture & right now u don't have a big pic to look @! Please give yourself a break :). Your metabolism is a complex thing & it'll not be fixed in such a short period of time.

Remember you did not gain all of ur weight in a few short months! Please give yourself a break :). I would say don't weigh daily but hey I do... I just don't let it affect me & how I feel, unless I haven't seen a decrease in more than 2 or 3 wks. But then u have to step back & evaluate what's going on in your life... I haven't lost in 3 wks, extremly frustrating, but then again I just came off of a 14 lb wt loss in 2 wks, my mom was diagnosed with renal cancer, I am going to school & working full time... No wonder Im not loosing... It happens to all of us, wt loss is not a constant downhill, unfortunatly.

It hasn't even been a month people! This isn't bypass, I am sorry but u r not going to see the weight fall off in days. When I get frustrated I look back over my whole journey, I've lost about 11 a month average, some months were 6 others 14. U have to look @ the big picture & right now u don't have a big pic to look @! Please give yourself a break :). Your metabolism is a complex thing & it'll not be fixed in such a short period of time.

Remember you did not gain all of ur weight in a few short months! Please give yourself a break :). I would say don't weigh daily but hey I do... I just don't let it affect me & how I feel, unless I haven't seen a decrease in more than 2 or 3 wks. But then u have to step back & evaluate what's going on in your life... I haven't lost in 3 wks, extremly frustrating, but then again I just came off of a 14 lb wt loss in 2 wks, my mom was diagnosed with renal cancer, I am going to school & working full time... No wonder Im not loosing... It happens to all of us, wt loss is not a constant downhill, unfortunatly.

It's been over a year for me

I hear ya Chrissy! But good news folks I got a fill on tuesday and the weight is falling off. I don't know what is going on. I was 281 on Tuesday and now 275!!! Maybe it's the liquid diet? Hmmm

I hear ya Chrissy! But good news folks I got a fill on tuesday and the weight is falling off. I don't know what is going on. I was 281 on Tuesday and now 275!!! Maybe it's the liquid diet? Hmmm

This is AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you :) I know how frustrating it can be so this is wonderful news.

I'm waiting for the endocrinologist to call back..*crossing fingers for an appt that isnt months and months away*