Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

I was banded Oct 2009 and did well in the beginning losing 38 pounds. However, after the surgery I relocated to Texas and it started going downhill from there. When I moved I was 235 and maintained that for several months, but over time I continued to gain (not to mention not get my fills). I found a doctor and began getting filled, but did not do my part. I ate things I shouldn't have and was not consistent with working out. I eventually had a complete un-fill so that I would not stretch my pouch. With that I also had medical issues (which have been resolved, thank God).

Now I am 267 and frustrated at myself and my body.:angry: I can't continue to blame the medications I was on and my circumstances. For almost a year I have just been making excuses, but it is time to stop. I go for a fill this coming Thursday and will go back to basics starting tomorrow. I leave for Dubai at the end of August for a 2 year teaching contract and would like to lose 25-30 before I go. I am hoping to meet people that have been successful and are encouraging. I will also post to keep myself accountable and reflect on my progress. Nice to meet all of you!!

I just want to Say that you have a great attitude. One thing, i dont know if you are like me but i always want things to go fast, and nothing is fast enough. I give myself high goals, and when i dont live up to them, i get very depressed and give up. Your goal seems high for me, not saying you cant do it, but it is a lot to loose. I lost 30 pounds since surgery on april 21th, i had lost 50 poubds prior surgery and had no diet pre op. I lost 17 poubds in the first 2 weeks and then its be a lot slower.

I think you should be more realistic, do your best, and expect 2 pounds a week, maybe 3 4 the first weeks. If you happen to go down 25-30 pounds by that time, it would be awesome, if u get to 15-20, you wont be mad at yourself and you will just continu and a year from now you ll be 100 pounds lighter(2 pounds a week).

I just want to Say that you have a great attitude. One thing, i dont know if you are like me but i always want things to go fast, and nothing is fast enough. I give myself high goals, and when i dont live up to them, i get very depressed and give up. Your goal seems high for me, not saying you cant do it, but it is a lot to loose. I lost 30 pounds since surgery on april 21th, i had lost 50 poubds prior surgery and had no diet pre op. I lost 17 poubds in the first 2 weeks and then its be a lot slower.

I think you should be more realistic, do your best, and expect 2 pounds a week, maybe 3 4 the first weeks. If you happen to go down 25-30 pounds by that time, it would be awesome, if u get to 15-20, you wont be mad at yourself and you will just continu and a year from now you ll be 100 pounds lighter(2 pounds a week).

Girl you are so right! I do expect things fast. Since I gained it fast I want to loose it fast. Thank you for the reality check. At times I say things in my head, but then when I do out loud and people respond I realize that I am over shooting. You are right 2 pounds a week is good. If more than great if not I have to NOT give up! Thank you for the post. You read me perfectly on the high goals characteristic.

DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF...WE ALL SLIP AND FALL OCCASIONALLY..JUST GET BACK UP AND DON'T LOOK BACK..I AM ONLY AT MY 2 WEEK POST SURGERY..BUT I KNOW WE ALL WILL SLIP AT TIMES.. YOUR POSTING HAS MOTIVATED ME TO WORK HARDER NOT TO SLIP..

REMEMBER " YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH THE LORD OUR GOD"!

:rolleyes:

Hello Everyone,

I was banded Oct 2009 and did well in the beginning losing 38 pounds. However, after the surgery I relocated to Texas and it started going downhill from there. When I moved I was 235 and maintained that for several months, but over time I continued to gain (not to mention not get my fills). I found a doctor and began getting filled, but did not do my part. I ate things I shouldn't have and was not consistent with working out. I eventually had a complete un-fill so that I would not stretch my pouch. With that I also had medical issues (which have been resolved, thank God).

Now I am 267 and frustrated at myself and my body.:angry: I can't continue to blame the medications I was on and my circumstances. For almost a year I have just been making excuses, but it is time to stop. I go for a fill this coming Thursday and will go back to basics starting tomorrow. I leave for Dubai at the end of August for a 2 year teaching contract and would like to lose 25-30 before I go. I am hoping to meet people that have been successful and are encouraging. I will also post to keep myself accountable and reflect on my progress. Nice to meet all of you!!

I was Banded in 2009 (July) too and I did lose 84 lbs and have maintained it for the past 9 months, but I have never made it to my goal. Next week will be 2 years for me and I am going to lose the last 20 lbs I will lose it!. I bought new Vitamins, splurged on a weeks worth of my favorite protien shakes that I started out on. Gonna make me an exersice chart and I am gonna lose those 20 lbs. No matter how long it takes. Anyone want to join me??

Cheri

Adge,

Know you are not alone. I'm glad you have come to a place to talk to others about your struggles. There is a lot of good advice and support here on this site. So many of us are successful with the band, intially. Some continue their success and others struggle. Some struggles are due to medical complications, other struggle through band adjustment and changing lifestyles. Being banded isn't easy - it is hard at first physically - and can become harder mentally as time passes.

I too have had my struggles - have jumped on and off the band wagon so many many times. Discovered in the past few months I have medical complications from my band, and it will now have to be removed.

My best advice is to find your support (whether its friends, family and even here on LBT) and see your doctor. Sometimes when your fill is too much you end up eating around your band and gaining; if it is not enough you overeat because you aren't at your sweet spot. It is very difficult to find your "sweet spot"...even for of us banded for a while. It isn't always your fault...don't be too hard on yourself. I hope you find your feet again and wish you the best...

Agree to much with Leslie - find your support (and yes - don't be so hard on yourself. Congrats on your two year assignment to Dubai. I hope you continue to post because I would love to hear about your adventure - consider starting a blog - then let me know so I can cheer you on ! My family moved to West Germany ("west" - how's that for showing my age) in high school and changed my outlook forever .... good luck !

The same thing happened to me not long ago. In November I had a slip so I had to get it completely unfilled. I was stressed out of my mind, and they said that's what caused it. Well, I was able to eat all of my holiday meals for the first time in 2 years and I also had another surgery to remove a tumor from my salivary gland in January, and the weight started to creep back. I gained about 15 pounds just from not eating right and not exercising. In March I got it filled again and all the weight and more that I had gained. I graduated college, moved to a new city, and started a new job and I'm doing great. In my previous life, I would have started stress eating like crazy, but I can't do that anymore. My taste buds have also changed dramatically. Some of my favorite foods (sour cream and onion chips and cupcakes) I can't even stand anymore. You can do it. We all have times where we fall, but you have to get right back up and do it.

good for you im new here but glad you let go of old habits<3

Thank you all for the encouragement and kind words. I feel the love :D