Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Lack of a better title!

Who's got the skinny on boob jobs?

I want some length taken off of my when I get nearer to goal.

I'm curious what the cost of a boob lift is and what the likliehood of any insurance company covering any portion of if it's deemed medically necessary.

I don't know why they would deem a boob job for me medically necessary unless I keep tripping on them and skinning my knees. Maybe not skinning my knees because my boobs are nearly hanging down as low as my knees. You get the picture.

maybe you can get a heat rash under them and then it would be medical!! also go to plastic surgery.org and you can find lots of info including average costs of each of the surgeries.hope this helps and I like your post it was funny.

I'm not even going to think about the reconstruction aspect...I know I'm going to need an obscene amount of work...I hope my plastic surgeon is cute...I may need a new husband by then.

Another girl here at work said that our company's insurance pays for Tummy Tuck and boob job, whatever you need to get back to normal... That sounds great and all, but I am scared to have that all done. Isn't it really painful???

BUT, when I am weighing in at 180 and have a lot of skin or boobs hanging to knees, I might change my mind!

Sally,

there are several members that have had boob jobs. I can send you a pm with their names if you are interested.

Geezersue posted the link to a great web site that gave before and after pics. This site helped me decide if I wanted to pursue this type of PS. Basically, the larger you are, the harder the surgery is.

http://breastreduction4you.com/message_board.htm

Hi Everybody, thanks for all of the thoughtful posts. Yes, Paula, please do PM with some names. I appreciate it.

I do have an initial consultation with a surgeon who a dear friend used for her reduction. The appoinment is scheduled for January 25. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks

Sal

I had a reduction about 4 years ago. I don't know how much of a difference there is between that and a lift. Recovery was a lot harder than I expected. The pain was awful and the scars aren't pretty either! BUT... all in all I would do it again.

I'm hoping to get banded here in the next couple of months. I hope my girls don't change!!