Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dressing Room Meltdown!

I hate clothes shopping. I mean I REALLY HATE clothes shopping. But alas, I have a job inerview tomorrow. A much needed job. I was let go from my job three weeks prior to surgery and I am now 5 weeks post op. I am in a professional field so a suit is a must. So, I can no longer fit into the suits I have, although previously I was able to wear them when i was just three lbs lighter. ANyhow even though I've lost a little weight I can no longer wear them. So I go shopping today. It was MISERABLE!!!!! I have never felt like such a fat lumpy pig before even though I have been heavier before. i am sagging a little which makes everything look lumpier. Everything I tried on looked awful, nothing fit right. If the jacket fit then the pants didnt. If they had my size the material didnt hang right and it looked unpolished and frumpy. Thats if they had my size. I went to at least 8 different stores that should have my size, not all of them did. Three of the stores carried a size 18 which wasnt a size 18, more like a large 14. I feel so awful, I am trying to do well, exercise etc. This was a major blow to my psyche. Ive been doing all of this hard work and still cant fit into my previous size, before surgery. On top of all of that I still have this ripping burning awful pain below my port incision, which my doc said should go away but hasntstarted to diminish which makes it hard to wear any type of pants with a waist.

I am so down on myself right now, cant stand to look at myself, and feel like I am failing.

How the hell am I gonna ace this interview for a job I need so badly????:):thumbup:

first... take a deep breath...and try to relax. (i know, so much easier said than done sometimes) are your old suits too big ot too small? I know for myslef suits are THE hardest things to buy. what not to wear talks about that all the time....so it is NOT just you! finally take a minute and think about your accomplishments so far....and the small ones! keep your chin up! hugs to you!

I currently work from home so I have'nt been buying new clothes. I have lost 75 pounds since last Thanksgiving so most of my stuff is to big. I was laid off about 16 months ago and have been on a virtual contract. In general I am smaller on top than bottom. So suits that have the top and bottom as one purchase never work for me. I would look at stores that have matching separates (Right now I am a 24 bottom and a XL/1X top.). When I go on interviews for a)regular job :) my next contract I also dress Business. Keeping in mind I work in HR we are a little more touchy feely; I go for colored jackets with black skirt. If the skirt is really non discript you can pull off the jacket being different.

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the advice.

I always get told..oh your always so strong...etc. Sometimes even the strong have weak moments. Sometimes I just need to let it all out. I am so thankful for this board I cant even tell you!

Good luck, Fluffy :) I think you are dealing with the classic situation of when you need to buy something you can't find it...when you don't need it, you find it everywhere! On top of that you have nerves about the interview and lapband surgery issues, and head issues about your success with everything. It's a lot of pressure on you right now and I feel for ya! Hang in there :thumbup: Do you have any good consignment shops around? You may be able to find something there and even if you didn't LOVE it, you would feel better about paying less for it. Good luck!

I don't know if you can get this done quickly or not, but maybe you can have someone do some alterations on your current suits. It may not take much to make them look nice. Good luck with the interview!

Buy a couple good sets of spanxs! The full body type. I am a size 14 (but wear it well) and I even wear them. They will smooth you out, make your suit fit great, slim you down about a half a size, and protect you from incision pain. When I go shopping I feel like crap too! Those lights are sooo unflattering. Don't be depressed by what you are finding, be motivated! Good luck to you! PS I recommend fredericks.com.