Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you stay motivated? It is so hard not to return to the same way of eating, lack of exercise.

I look at my fat photos and imagine looking like that again and not being able to wear all the sexy/pretty clothes I have now.

That keeps me on the straight and narrow.

A few days ago I was having problems with motivation, so I didn't go for a walk that day...I felt incredibly guilty and sick over it and made up for it the next day...Having to make up for it sucks. I don't like doing that so it's just easier to get off my butt and go and exercise.

I came out of aqua aerobics today and saw a bounty bar behind the glass at the counter. They were my favourite. My mouth was watering thinking about them. I haven't had chocolate with sugar in it for months... I got my wallet out...I stood behind these kids who were buying something...Then I realised that if I have chocolate now, it will just start a addiction to refined sugar again and I won't be able to stop.

I look at how much I've achieved in this short amount of time. I also think of how awesome it's going to be when the family sees me at Christmas and notices I've lost weight.

You are right, this is the biggest struggle of all. Visiting this site helps, keeping a journal helps, exercise really helps. Write down your hopes, dreams and goals and keep tabs on your progress. Learn to recognize your triggers and try to avoid them and when it is impossible, have a couple of less destructive ways to sooth yourself ready to implement.

I put my before picture at 330 lbs and my current pic at 225 lbs. on the refrigerator and the pantry doors. I even printed off a small copy of each to tuck into the face of my wallet (it's a little see through pocket meant for the driver's license). Everytime I go into either of these areas, I'm reminded of how far I come...and the reward for getting that far...and wanting to keep going. Everytime I pull out my wallet, I see that pic and it's a reminder not to get junk at a drive through.

it kills me to look at pictures of my self. I have allowed my self to gain so much wieght. I am noticing that I eat alot out of boredum and that my husband and i spent a lot of our recreation time going out to dinner. I need to make so many changes in my life. I need to change my relationship with food.< /p>

I am only in my 4th month but it is hard to keep going at times, especially when your in bandster hell!! I personally just try to keep from "thinking" about the negative and take one day at a time...Iv had one bad week so far where I skipped the workouts and eat what I wanted but after that I was like WTH? you paid all this money and you HAVE to stick it out...It does help that I am starting to get more compliments and people noticing now that Iv dropped 40lbs. coming on this site helps me too...minute by minute...hour by hour and day by day is the best way to keep moving ahead.