Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UHC - how long for a response?

Hi, my file is on the last person's desk at my doctor's office. I've been told there are files ahead of me; it could be a few weeks before it's actually submitted. Yikes!

I've already met my deductible this year, I start grad school Jan 3. I feel like I'm running out of time.

If you have UHC, how long before you received a response?

My job put in a stipulation that i had to go through a 6 week nutrition consult before approval. However, once that was done, it took only a week to get an approval.

30 days

unless rushed

My employer also put in a 6 month, supervised diet qualification that I had to meet, but after I met that, I was submitted on a Wednesday and approved the following Monday. Surgery was scheduled for 10 days later. I was surprised at how quick it was.

No supervised diet for me, once my paperwork was submitted I called UHC every day and it took 5 business days. I had the same thing, my deductible was met for the year and I wanted to get it done before Jan 1st. Have you expressed this to your insurance coordinator? You can call and ask to speak with them. Good luck!!

I have UHC I turned in my packet to Central Carolina Surgery 10/19 they called to get prior approval and I heard from them 10/26. The set my 1st apt with the surgeon for 12/1. But they did tell me at the siminar that it has taken UHC 30 days before to get the prior approval. Hope this helps it's tough playing the waiting game (smile) Oh and no supervised diet!!!

No supervised diet for me, once my paperwork was submitted I called UHC every day and it took 5 business days. I had the same thing, my deductible was met for the year and I wanted to get it done before Jan 1st. Have you expressed this to your insurance coordinator? You can call and ask to speak with them. Good luck!!

This is me as well.

My deductible is met and I wanted things to get done before the end of the year.

I have no stipulations, and UHC took approximately 9 days to approve. It was submitted on the 18th of October, the letter of approval is dated the 27th.

Good luck!

Mine took a little less than 2 weeks to get the approval.

Good luck!!

How do you get an insurance coordinator? I did the 6 month program because my doctor's office said UHC required it. Reading all of the posts, I now think only the doctor requires it. :rolleyes:

But that's a great idea to call UHC everyday. Thanks!

Just call your dr's office and request to speak to the insurance coordinator (the one who works with the insurance to get your approval and submits the paperwork).