Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now there are not alot of things I really really miss since beng banded, and for 7 months i could have cared less about Pasta. but I am really wanting a small bowl or pasta with sauce - anyone found a brand or type that you can actually eat.. last time i tried 5 months ago.. forget it lol

My mom has been banded for 3 years and the "pasta" that works best for her is gnocchi (small potato dumplings.)

She tops it with Marinara, pesto, meat sauce, garlic and olive oil, etc. They go down pretty easily and she gets the full experience of eating Pasta.

Most grocery stores carry gnocchi and Trader Joe's has some very good ones in the Pasta aisle.

Hope this helps!

kagead

Great! Thank I will give those a shot

Hi..... I have been banded for 4 years and what I do for a Pasta fix is three large raviolis with what ever sauce I want. I chock on any other pasta I eat and when I do get it down it doesn't make me full but the rav's work for me.......

Since my latest fill, Pasta has not been going down well for me. It made me sad at first, since pasta is my favorite food, but I realize my carbohydrate addiction is what got me in this mess in the first place, lol. However, I have found that if I only allow myself a SMALL amount (say, ten strings of fettuccine, for example), and I REALLY take the time to CHEW CHEW CHEW, I can manage to enjoy my guilty pleasure at times... which is why I absolutely LOVE my lap band in the long run.

Now, just to confuse you, I eat small amounts of Pasta regularly. I just can't eat the thicker kinds. Ravioli definitely doesn't work for me. I do fine with spaghetti and macaroni. Even penne is a bit too thick for me. I use lots of sauce, usually with veggies and meat thrown in. Also, lasagna is no problem. It must be all that meat and cheese.

Good luck and keep trying. You never know what's going to work for you.

Cindy

I eat Pasta no problems. I find something like canneloni stuffed with spinach and ricotta quite a good satisfying option.

If I chew well and eat a couple bites..I'm okay. Dreamfields Pasta can be bought at any grocer or Walmart. It's low carb.

Ahhhh there IS hope! I'm just 6 days out and thought I'd be giving up Pasta forever and I STILL got banded!! I'm Italian and pasta is my favorite food!! Never thought of gnocchi! I also love that..so that will work just fine for me.

I went out to eat and ordered chicken noodle Soup (only soup I liked on menu)- it had little alphabet noodles- I didn't eat many of them but it went down fine...

For some reason, I do really well with whole wheat pasta: Only a little: I switched my whole family to whole wheat & they like it so much and it is healthier for them too: I usually make some grilled shrimp, and put like 4 pieces of whole wheat penne Pasta on the side with a tomato/veggie sauce: I get my veggies, my Protein and my pasta fix all in one!

I'm not banded yet so this may not be any help, but...

Barilla Plus is (wholegrains...) a multi-grain Pasta that has 10g protein/serving... it's lighter and less thick and sticky than whole wheat, actually, when cooked it looks and tastes like what "regular" Pasta does. I'm a fan of the penne with either sauce or pesto... we have it once or twice a week because it's one of the few healthier dinners I can get everyone to eat without complaint!

Large ravioli cut into small pieces, farfalle, bowtie, and angel hair all work for me. I try for whole wheat versus enriched for band reasons and the nutrition.

I had a coworker's home made lasagna last Friday and it was a huge mistake. No matter how much I chewed it got stuck and sent me into a panic.

Great job on avoiding the Pasta for so long!