Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20weeks pregnant and Banded

I am 20weeks pregnant and constantly vomiting. Could this be the hormones or LAP-BAND® problems?I lost three pounds since my last prenatal visit and I am a little worried about my baby. Any advice anyone. The morning sickness is horrible. Lasts all day off and on.:)

Poor girl,

Try to take in as much high calories as you can a milkshake im sure it is not your band doing this do you still have fills ??????? maybe you need to go have this seen to and have some taken out eat small things and go onto to Soups or liquid diet if you need to you can still consume some hefty calories that will slip right thru to bubs good luck x

I am 15 weeks pregnant now and I throw up occasionally, but it is either from getting stuck or morning sickness...try to stay away from greasy foods and eat a bunch of small meals...also my doctor told me to stay away from red meat...I drink at least 2 Protein shakes a day because I no longer can eat any type of protein...Also call your doctor and let him/her know your still having morning sickness and he/she will prescribe you some medication that will help...I have been on anti-nausea meds since 5 weeks and since about 13 weeks they have stopped working so I was put on Zofran today..but def call them and tell them and make sure if you can't keep any food down try to drink as much Water as you can..keep hydrated that is a must!! If your throwing up Water call your doctor asap because being dehydrated is not good for the baby...

I have lost about 20 lbs total this whole pregnancy so far it is rough having morning sickness but the pills do help and they are safe....best of luck and keep us updated :thumbup:

I was worried my baby was not getting enough nutrition, but my dr. said not to worry the baby will get all it needs even if it pulls from my fat stores....he thinks this is what was happening b/c I was feeling so drained and had no energy. He said I was the one not getting enough nutrition. So he took out 2 cc (already took out 1.6 2 months before) and immediatley my energy level was back up and I feel like I can eat heathier b/c I am not supplementing with unhealthy things like milkshakes. Talk to you llapband doc....that relly helped me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches