Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I'm doing this right?

my surgery is only 13 days old . i have had no food comming up . no pain after the first 4 days . i dont know where my port is i cant feel it like a lot of people say you can. i mean i have some tender spots but i could not tell where it is. drinking Water is not a problem never was and eating 1.5 ounce of tuna (mushed and well chewed as per the doctor instructions) was no problem 7 days after surgery. i mean i cant hold what i used too no way but after reading a lot of the posts i just want to know you think something slipped? is it normal not to have all of the problems:confused:

I'm not complaining, just concerned , the norm for me is to be one that has all of the weird stuff. guess i'm thrown off.

my surgery is only 13 days old . i have had no food comming up . no pain after the first 4 days . i dont know where my port is i cant feel it like a lot of people say you can. i mean i have some tender spots but i could not tell where it is. drinking Water is not a problem never was and eating 1.5 ounce of tuna (mushed and well chewed as per the doctor instructions) was no problem 7 days after surgery. i mean i cant hold what i used too no way but after reading a lot of the posts i just want to know you think something slipped? is it normal not to have all of the problems:confused:

I'm not complaining, just concerned , the norm for me is to be one that has all of the weird stuff. guess i'm thrown off.

Totally Normal...You should just keep up your doctor's recommendation. You will probably not feel restriction until after you get your fills. Most, if not all, of your restriction is due to swelling and/or any fill material you may have been given during surgery. You will become more hungry as the days go by and you return to regular food again. As for your port, generally it is located near the larger incision near your belly button and I feel mine all the time. Sometimes, there is still some soreness but overall I don't even realize that I had surgery. I am sure you will have other questions but always check back with this site because there is a lot of information of this site...Good luck on your journey

I am 4 months post op and having very few issues! I have managed to lose almost 60 pounds with little drama. I really do have to watch what I eat but I am retraining myself and this band is the best thing I ever did! Good Luck!

yep, it is normal, but things will go back to normal on the

4-5th week. it is a bit difficult, just be patient. you'll like the results and it'll all be worth it.

I couldn't feel my port at first either - but after the scars went down, about 5-6 weeks in, I finally found it. I think it depends, too on how heavy you are. The thinner you get, the easier it is to feel. If I didn't know where mine was, though, I wouldn't be able to find it!!

I am 22 days out and cannot feel my port either which had me worried for a while (and still a bit concerned) because i tried all different ways to find it. Laying down, sucking in, pushing my tummy out... etc I still dont know where it is. I know its near the larger scar but yeah... i decided just to wait until my first fill on the 4th March before I start to worry too much!

Do you know when your first fill is?

It is weird, when sitting up it wont be right undert the scar for me -

Its like they tucked it up a bit from that inscision -- but when i lay down and raise my legs for my fill and it right at the scar...

is it normal not to have all of the problems:confused:

I was the same. Never took any pain meds after surgery and right back to work the day after (should've waited at least one more day though). No gas pains. Occasional soreness for a bit if I overdid it, but otherwise, nada.

You're doing it right! I couldn't feel my port until the swelling receded and I'd lost a bit of weight. It's becoming more prominent with time.

I had--and still have, after one fill--NO problem drinking liquids as I always have, and was just fine with pureed Proteins on Day Three after surgery.

We're just the lucky ones! It's a good thing :frown:

Sounds like you are just a fast healer. I am the same way. Within 2 weeks post-op I was able to eat some normal, although healthier foods. I had my first fill last Wed (4.6 in a 10. band) and by yesterday again I was able to eat "normal" food. I have not had any sliming, PB's, getting stuck, or throwing up. I do not have restriction yet although I certainly can't eat as much as I use to. I feel I'm going on willpower and am going to schedule my next fill today. Good luck, Leslie