Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so hungry...help???

I'm only 10 days post-op. Had a rough go for about 6 days but finally the nausea is gone as is most of the pain and now I am READY TO EAT! I'm physically and mentally hungry and so tired of Protein Shakes, sugar free pudding and broth. I don't know what else to eat! I've gotten so desperate for chewing that I did break down and eat a few crackers after totally dissolving them in my mouth. When did you guys start adding stuff back in or what did you eat in the meantime?:thumbup:

I was starving too. I started eating mashed potatos to fill me up. I also gained weight after my surgery but before my first fill. However once I started getting fills I started losing again. And I wasnt so dang hungry all the time.

I am 11 days post-op and I know your situation well. I began eating some creamy Soups (creamy chicken with herbs, campbells) and 2 tblsp. of Peanut Butter added to my protien shakes...just to have the feel of something more than a liquid. I am about to enter my third week and I get to mushies this week so I am looking forward to something besides the broths and liquids. I honestly would follow whatever your doctor told you to do and it will come around faster than you think. I am feeling great and have lost another 8 lbs. since surgery by following the instructions, entering my meals and activity each day into dailyplate.com. I find the peanut butter really helps you last longer between shakes and I have not had any problems with hunger at all. If I begin getting hungry, I have a S.F. Popcicle or drink some Water or just go to bed if necessary. It looks like you had a really hard recovery with naseau so I wouldn't push eating too much right now and keep your plan going..Good luck!!

I'm only 10 days post-op. Had a rough go for about 6 days but finally the nausea is gone as is most of the pain and now I am READY TO EAT! I'm physically and mentally hungry and so tired of Protein Shakes, sugar free pudding and broth. I don't know what else to eat! I've gotten so desperate for chewing that I did break down and eat a few crackers after totally dissolving them in my mouth. When did you guys start adding stuff back in or what did you eat in the meantime?:)

I feel ya girl.. I am 11 days post and Im starving with ya. Its so hard. I have eatin tuna. Wasnt supposed to do that but I did and it was all good. chew chew chew.. Keep up the good work tho.. It will all be worth it I'm sure.. Congrats as well.:thumbup:

I am 11 days post-op and I know your situation well. I began eating some creamy Soups (creamy chicken with herbs, campbells) and 2 tblsp. of Peanut Butter added to my protien shakes...just to have the feel of something more than a liquid. I am about to enter my third week and I get to mushies this week so I am looking forward to something besides the broths and liquids. I honestly would follow whatever your doctor told you to do and it will come around faster than you think. I am feeling great and have lost another 8 lbs. since surgery by following the instructions, entering my meals and activity each day into dailyplate.com. I find the peanut butter really helps you last longer between shakes and I have not had any problems with hunger at all. If I begin getting hungry, I have a S.F. Popcicle or drink some Water or just go to bed if necessary. It looks like you had a really hard recovery with naseau so I wouldn't push eating too much right now and keep your plan going..Good luck!!

We had our surgery on the same day.. G L 2 U :thumbup:

I'm along with you here!! So hungry but I'm not really enjoying eating or drinking, it's uncomfortable. My stomach is growling like crazy and I can't tell you how much I want a hot dog (of all things!)

For dinner I scrambled an egg and ate about half of it. I feel less head foggy...

Let's hear it for this forum! I've been on almost every day just to feel like I'm not alone. Thanks to those of you who responded because it is a HUGE relief to know that I AM NOT ALONE and even further that this is a pretty normal feeling for right now. If you're just now visiting this thread, please feel free to continue the input - it's truly helpful!:thumbup:

I'm only 10 days post-op. Had a rough go for about 6 days but finally the nausea is gone as is most of the pain and now I am READY TO EAT! I'm physically and mentally hungry and so tired of Protein shakes, sugar free pudding and broth. I don't know what else to eat! I've gotten so desperate for chewing that I did break down and eat a few crackers after totally dissolving them in my mouth. When did you guys start adding stuff back in or what did you eat in the meantime?:confused:

My surgery was on 1.27.10. I did Jello, broth, tea popsicles until saturday than switched to carnation instant Breakfast with skim milk and pudding pops. I go for bandage care on Tuesday. If they dont tell me I can eat an egg I am going to scream. Im so hungry I cant think straight but I cant bring myself to eat one more sip of broth. I find it to be so greasy it makes me gag. I don't know what else to do at this point.

And I am CRAVING mac and cheese. My sister was banded 11 months ago and thats pretty much all she can eat.

I was banded on Jan. 26th and the first couple of days I really didn't want anything. I ate small portions of creamed, strained Soups and sugar free pudding but I just couldn't stomach the idea of a Protein shake. The last couple of days I've been drinking Isopure (which is nasty but for some reason goes down easier that the Protein shakes).

Yesterday I used a Cheddar Broccoli Soup mix from Bear Creek and thinned it with skim milk. I blended it and the broccoli pieces are miniscule. I've been eating about 4 oz. at a time and it tastes so good to have something savory and not sweet. I did choke down a Protein Shake as well as my Isopure today so I got my 60 gr. of protein in.

For dinner I scrambled an egg and ate about half of it. I feel less head foggy...

I have to be on liquids for 2 weeks. Are you allowed eggs already?

No, I'm not allowed them until mushies which is still a week away but I had to get something in and I figured that was the safest bet.

I have my follow up appt tomorrow and I'm planning on confessing my scrambled egg cheat!

I remember those days. I never thought mashed potatoes and refried Beans could be so amazing when I finally got mushies!

Hang in there... it only gets better and it is one AMAZING journey!

My surgery was TODAY.....I am doing great except for the gas pain. Any suggestions to make it go away?

My surgery was TODAY.....I am doing great except for the gas pain. Any suggestions to make it go away?

Hang in there, walk around as much as you can. I had the gas pains in my shoulder for 5 weeks (more than most do, honestly) but would do it all over again. I also remember the day I realized they were gone. I cried out of happiness. It will go away. Walking REALLY helped reduce the pain though.

Might sound disgusting, but I burped a few times just now and that felt so much better. My surgery was at 6am this morning and I think I'm doing pretty darn good!