Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is wrong with me.....I am crazy

Why am I so exicted about a dag on grocery store sale. I am tripping, I look at the paper, I go to the website, I make a list, change the list, add, to the list, call people tell them about the sale. I get to the store early to spend money on stuff because it is on sale. I don't buy stuff I don't need but I am getting on my own nerves being geeked up about a dag on Safeway Grand Re Opening Sale.

Is it the thought of food or discounted food. That will be gone down the crapper in a minute. I have always liked the grocery store. It would depress me to go to the clothing store because I couldn't fit anything. But going to the grocery store was wonderful. I would say I can't fit anything in the clothing store but I can fit everything in the grocery store. Guess what that is why I can't fit anything in the clothing store. Life is Lovely

Is it the groceries or the sale that gets you excited? I doubt you are crazy. If you are, then my Dad is too. The standing joke is that he's going to go bankrupt saving money. It doesn't matter if he needs something or not. If the sale price is good, he's going to buy it. He has enough 4 for $1 canned goods to last a family of 4 for a year, and he's single.

I'm just the opposite, I don't like to grocery shop.

teresa.. its both

i know..

heres a story..recent, true and still unbeleivable even when it happened to me

note: I lost my food addiction after 20 yrs of the worst obsession.... its gone now (3 months)

Once a month, I always shopped for the kids at a big store like Walmart or winco.

It was a big deal... I didnt really notice how much of a BIG deal till now..

On my mind was kids kids kids kids.... its my duty, I must provide well..get all they need and want

Its all about the kids and what they want and need and will make them happy and show my ove and care for them.

Usually its a 3 hour ordeal, to get as much food for the kids for as little money and sure to get all I need, and look for new things and pick, decide, read lables, change mind, cant decide, get all kids goodies, check the list.... run back and forth....very serious, involved, my store!

I read receipt in car like a book and keep it like a prize in my purse.

Then all food had to be set at my feet once home so I could go through it and recall what we had and then I handed things to them to put away.

I was playing. I was molesting the food. SICK.

First time out (in this NEW not addicted to food condition)....to grocery shop for 4 kids..like every month....

Went to my beloved WALMART supercenter

I cruised in scooter.....feeling weird, different, not focused..

Now:

Here I am feeling weird....then I feel silly and giggling and funny..(not me at all)

All i care about is getting my Soup and juice and getting 'whatever' for the kids and out..

This massive thing has now become "whatever"

I think "so what if the kids run out of this or that or something is missing or the cheese is gone before the tortillas or the food is gone too soon...they'll cope. (before I saw it as a sin)

I didnt find all the kids special things. sweet and sour, jerkey and circus animals.. THIS was how I showed my LOVE??!!! Horrifying.....Just last month this was so important to me!

I struggled witht this cuz it seems selfish and not the ways of a loving/ providing parent..

I know MY kids who love food and eat it all, all day long, what and when they want, and cant imagine them going without such a luxery.

So how Can I feel so lax??

Simply... I no longer obsess over food... including theirs!

WOW

A:SP budgeting was my life with food and others...

NOW. I didnt care if i wasted money on food.. the "deals" were suddenly no biggie either

My weird and silly feelings came from the place a crazy food engorged mountain of a side show freak circus..(walmart)

It seemed silly

Deals and bins and this and that and food all over and its all so big and bright and stacked and packed and all around you.. scary and silly and Sooooooo NOT where I felt like I belonged.

Not anymore.... I guess, I cant help how it now felt..

Its just not me...

The next month:

What was fun and exciting and a big event to me... is now a chore.. thank god the highlight of my week isnt grocery shopping!

I send my kids with a list.. To a small grocery chain (like safeway) The add comes every week in the mail and I choose from whats on sale cuz we DO need to budget of course....

But crusing the food just not something I want to do.

My cuppords dont runith over, my fride is never full and we all eat fine.. MY KIDS have not complained, its as if they dont evren notice witch leads me to beleive all the foods I thought they depended on were all in MY head,

I share cuz its interesting to me...... this is what happens when food addiction dissappears

neat huh

loves

Karen I think I got it from my dad honestly. LOL

Nykee thank you, you feel my pain, you are there with me. That was so deep but so funny. I use to be worse but with the help of "Poochy" (band name), it is getting easier. Nykee you are an inspiration to me. Keep moving forward. Thank you I love you guys.

I am the same, I think it is more fun to shop now because I can actually buy things for myself. I love sales and whether I need the stuff or not I buy it, because I will eventually need it or someone I know will be able to use it. Dont worry about it, when the money runs out you will stop, I know because I did hehehe :)

I dunno, I really like to go grocery shopping. I've been thinking about this topic since you posted yesterday.

Part of it is that it is very comforting to be surrounded by food. I don't have to eat any of it, but just knowing it is there gives me a feeling of safety. Not comforting I guess so much as reasuring. I am sure part of that stems from my circus freak childhood. My dad would never buy groceries because we "were just going to eat it anyway." Which, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the whole point of groceries???

There is also the phenomina of what I call "possibilities" when I go grocery shopping. All those different ingreedients, all those different possible combinations of creating new and exciting meals.

I have a food hording thing. I'm getting better, but it is still there.

I hate buying groceries, I don't cook, so I don't need many things. I'll start roaming around and see the cake mixes and think, Oh, I haven't cooked a cake in a while, so I'll get a cake mix and frosting, (this is just an example). Then I get home and there are 5 other boxes in the pantry, gee I guess I had that thought a few other times, but as you can see, it passes.

Every few months I have to clean out my freezer to make room for new stuff, so the guys that work for me love it when I have freezer day and take laundry baskets full of stuff to work for them to go through.

My kids didn't grown up calling me Microwave Mama for nothing, LOL.

Well I did good at the store. I only bought what was needed except for the baker's dozen of donuts for $2. I do regret that decision now. I hope not to do that again.

2$.... oh even I would of done that (for the kids) One bite of donut isnt something I would even try at this point .. lol

I am reposting my post.. above.. I edited it and I just think its that important..

lol

Thank You Nykee for reposting. I understand where you were and where you are. I have gotten better but I am not quiet there yet. I think I still obsess is because I have to prepare my meals. If I don't prepare my meals then I'm back at fast food. I have gotten better. I use to get the sales ads and shop at Shoppers, Safeway, Giant and Walmart to get the best deals every Saturday morning. Now I look at the Safeway and Giant paper and say ok I will get there before the sale goes off. Periodically I will get that Saturday morning urge to go and I do. I'm not even buying junk, it's food but the way I feel about it still is not in control yet.

Now I know I can pass up 14 for $2. I did pay for it, I gained 3 pounds for that. Thank God I get a fill today.

I am off work for the winter and I have to face cleaning out my pantry and freezers getting ready for deer season. I do not know how I managed to buy so much food.I think I have a problem to.