Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im at the stage where I was told 2 eat egg mcmuffin for Breakfast, 1/2 turkey sandwhicg 4 lunch with mayo lettuce cheese n tomatoe, dinner baked meat with brocolli or other veggies. U know we nt suppose 2 eat n drink at the same time 2 wait 30-40 mins b 4 u drink liquids if thats the case can I eat Cereal? ?? isnt the skim milk pushing the cereal down making my band less full? help me im confused...

It seems that many bandsters eat cereal, but to be honest, cereal for me is a slider food, because it DOES just go through the band. I would say if you eat it, use very little skim milk and try to limit it to once a week. I LOVE Special K with skim milk and banana and do eat it, but only once a week.:smile2:

thanks 4 the info

Im at the stage where I was told 2 eat egg mcmuffin for breakfast,

who told you to eat an egg mcmuffin ? That just sounds so wrong.

As for the cereal, choose a healthy one and use nonfat milk.

I still enjoy my "cream of wheat" for breakfast. It was the most "solid" food that was allowed on my full liquid diet. It tides me over for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. I am completely satisfied and I don't get any PBs from it. It might be a slider, but I eat it slowly, and, as I said it sticks with me.:smile2:

If you are looking for a breakfast out, try Starbucks vivano Protein drink. Or they sometimes have a Naked brand Protein Drink (only drink 1/2 at a time).

Not to preach but McDonalds is full of MSG which is addictive and causes your blood sugar to spike. McDonalds is the second worst offender with the MSG after KFC. Ever wondered why you CRAVE it like a smoker craves a cigarette? :smile2:

If you want cereal, why not trying to eat it without milk. I like to have basic four every once in a while. Um sounds good right about now, may have the hubby go get me some in the a.m. I don't think it is high in calories and I know that it will stick with you for a while.

If you want cereal why not just have it... I guess MY opinion is that I just eat whatever I want but smaller portions. That's the beauty of the band, you don't have to deprive yourself of the foods you love..... Again this is just my opinion!

Don't worry about milk with cereal--it's more about drinking with other foods. As a rule you want them to "sit" for a while and help you feel full. I also agree the idea is to eat normally what you enjoy. Egg McMuffin has a lot of good Protein but I decided to stay away from fast food restaurants as then I would make excuses to eat other stuff. Part of the work is developing better habits so I gave up fast food as it only required that I avoid driving to these places. If you really want one try making it at home.

Do worry about cereal. It is no different than drinking while eating and IS a slider food. Not worth it.

That's your opinion --but cereal with skim milk is recommended by my doctor. Anything in excess is questionable but this is breakfast. Ice cream and other hi cal stuff that goes down easily is the problem.

That's your opinion --but cereal with skim milk is recommended by my doctor. Anything in excess is questionable but this is breakfast. Ice cream and other hi cal stuff that goes down easily is the problem.

It isn't my opinion. It's what it is. A slider food that doesn't fill you. Protein solids fill you and keep you full. Anything that is liquid or liquid based IS a slider food. Period. Your surgeon may say it is ok but it doesn't change the fact that it is indeed a slider food. I drink a Protein shake for breakfast but I also know it too is a slider food. It is what I choose but doesn't make it any less of a liquid.

Cereal is filling for me-that's why I eat it. There is high Protein cereal and yes it is recommended for breakfast and no my doctor does not consider it a slider food. On the other hand he does think Protein Shakes are a bad idea and that we need to get into the habit of eating regular solids. But I don't push this as everyone has their preferences--as do you.

That is the opinion of your doctor and your doctor only. And as I said, cereal IS a slider food. I DO eat regular solids as evidenced by my weight loss. So, there you have it. I choose to have a Protein Shake in the morning and you choose to have cereal. That's what makes the world go round.