Dr. Rachel Moore: Bariatric Mechanics - How Bariatric Surgery Works
In this episode, Janine converses with Dr. Rachel Moore, a Bariatric Surgeon with over 17 years of experience in the field. Their conversation covers what to expect from the actual procedure, as well as recovery and general wellness tips. Dr. Moore provides insight from the physical side of the surgery. Here’s a brief overview of the topics we discuss:
- Dr. Moore’s inspiration to work in the field of bariatrics
- Available bariatric procedures
- Possible complications prospective patients should be aware of
- Dr. Moore’s recommendations for specific procedures
- Patients’ expectations for weight loss over their first year post-surgery
- Advice for people considering bariatric surgery and the most important things prospective patients need to know
You can find Dr. Rachel Moore on her website, https://www.mooremetabolics.com, or on Twitter @rachelmooremd.
This podcast wouldn't be possible without our sponsor, BariatricPal.com. If you're looking for a supportive online network of bariatric patients, be sure to browse their forums and connect with other WLS patients from around the world. Also, you'll find amazing bariatric-friendly foods in their store https://Store.BariatricPal.com. If you use the promo code PODCAST with your first order, you'll get 10% off!