Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some advise or guidance on how to handle my situation. I was banded recently and have had two fills.

My problem is with the procedure of having my fills. Both of my experiences have been horrible. The second fill was Thursday and I have been so upset and am considering not going back.

My Dr did my first fill and he seemed to have a little difficulty finding the center of port.

My second fill, the PA was in there and I guess he is training her and she stuck me 3 times and was unsucessful. Needless to say this was extremely painful and I got a little emotional. My Dr saw me being upset and he was able to find center after my 4th stuck.

There must be a problem with finding the center I guess, but I don't know what to do about my experience. I really don't want to go have another fill if I have to endure this kind of pain. They don't do numbing so that's not an option.

Any advise because I don't know what I should be expecting from a fill. I see people post and they don't seem to be having problems.

His PA is not very friendly and and all she told me was next time take some Tylenol before I come. How would she fell to be stuck 4 times? I'm afraid if I call and request to speak to him about this, I will have to go through her.

Honey, I am sorry that you are experiancing this. But remember you do have rights. I got my band in April and have had multiple fills and unfills. Only ohce did the PA have to try a second time to hit my port and I have a low profile port. Point being is ask them not to practise on you! You are a newbie and it is very frightening at first! I think the docs and p.a.s tend to forget that we are new at this. Needles can be scary! Next time when you schedule just ask the person on the other line to please not put you with the PA. I requested a particular PA everytime I went in. You have that right! Dont be afraid to stand up for yourself in a respectful manner.

Hope this helps,

Deanna

Thanks, I'm just afraid that his PA is the one who handles all surgery's and scheduling fills that I will cause a problem.

I never did have a fill but I thought they can put you behind the x-ray machine. Don't they call that Flora or something? I have heard before to take a pain med before seeing them but it would be difficult for me to believe that Tylenol would do anything. For certain though, if you are needing fills you will have to go back there. Do tell them your concerns and don't put up with the attitude. You are the patient, not them.

Josephine

Are you afraid of needles in anyway? Because if you are maybe you can tell your family doc and he can give you some valuim for it. I have a very high pain tolerance so getting my fills has been a breeze and they have a hard time finding my port too.They poke me alot! Sure it hurts a little but it doesnt freek me out. Everyone is different. Im sure that would help you a little. And dont give up ya need those fills. Also Just request that the doc does them. Just be nice about it and they should be nice back. If they get snippy find a new fill doc. I hope everything works out for ya:)