Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sweet Spot/Hell Spot..Not really sure

Well I went last week and got a fill and I think I have finally reached my sweet spot, because I wasn't losing before and I have lost 5 pounds since. The problem is..yes, I get full quicker and stay full longer, BUT I think that sometimes I am getting stuck too much. I will say I was not disciplined before this fill and did not chew my food well and didn't really concentrate on taking small bites. So i'm not sure if thats just coming to bite me in the a#$ now or if I am just too tight. I really dont' want them to take any out because I am scared I will stop losing, but I do know that I need the appropriate amount of calories on a daily basis also. What did your sweet spot feel like and did you have this problem at first....HELP!

weight.png

I have been going through the same thing(which is really weird because our starting weight and current weight is the same) I had my first fill last week and have had lots of trouble the last two days with vomiting and pain. My doc says I am really tight and to eat NO MORE than 1/2 cup. I am pretty sure that I just dont know yet how to eat slow and take teensy weensy bites - definately dont want to go through what I went through the past two days again - so today I am taking it VERY slow................... :redface:

This is what I went through last week and I went back and they took only a small amount out and it made all the difference in the world. I'm not losing 8 pounds a week like I did the week before when it was too tight but I am still losing and I feel so much better. I'd go back and have the Dr.'s take a look. I know it's scary that you may not still lose but if they take some out, they can always put a little in at a time to get you to the proper 'sweet spot'.

My doc says its bad for the band to be too tight. It sure is miserable. I couldn't even take my pills after my last fill without throwing up. In fact, I couldn't eat at all until the evening rolled around and my band got loose enough for me to eat. It's just way too uncomfortable being that tight. I hung in there for about 2 weeks before getting some fill taken out.

Take an inventory of what you are eating--I felt the same way and finally figured out--I'm not getting stuck, I'm actually FULL! And it's after about 8-10 bites of food.

I find that if I can take a deep breath and not be in pain, and I have that feeling in my chest/throat, I'm full. If there is pain in the chest with the feeling in my throat, I'm stuck.